Shen Dom builds lacklustre

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Huudi

03-11-2012

There aren't enough high health items with warmogs banned to really flesh out his passive and Q. After sunfire and randuins last match i could stack more and more armor cause their team was all phys damage but I wish there was a replacement high health item for the banned warmogs

Phourc

03-11-2012

With health runes and Defense masteries, a sunfire + Odyn's puts you well over 3k which is still pretty good. At least, that's what I run on other tanks.

I believe - not a Shen player - that despite his slight Q incentive to build health he still shouldn't be super health-stacked, CDR + defenses allows for more shields and ults and whatnot - and I think AP is almost good damagewise - wonder if he could make a Rylai's work xP

Glorious Bird

03-11-2012

Shen really, really doesn't need the help. He's in an overly comfortable spot right now, IMHO.

A full tank build reaps more damage than nearly all of the tanks.

The FH/Atma route usually goes situational mitigation or Wit's End. Once you reach a comfortable point you're better off getting more passives off than having them hit harder.

He's itemized incredibly well. We don't need more tank/health items. We need more AP/CDR items because AP is in an awful spot and most of the big AP items in SR aren't worth a glance in Dom.

DramaticBear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-11-2012

I almost want to say shen is just a slightly worse Warwick at this point.

Maybe a little heavier on defense, and lighter so on mobility.

DEFACT0

03-11-2012

Shen is one of the best dominion champs IMO.
You can buy nice items that give you hp, lets see:
Aegis.
Frozen mallet.
Randuins omen.
That 3 items are always good choices, and you have a couple of situational items too:
Zeke
Doran shield.
Then you just need to build some attack speed.

The build that I like more looks like this:
FM, Aegis, Atmas, Randuins, Wit´s end+ situational

The Elk

03-11-2012

Is there a reason people don't like rylai's on Shen? The health boosts his passive and Q. The ap boosts everything and it makes his vorpal blade slow. Its sad his passive doesn't proc rylai. I don't play him and was just curious.

DEFACT0

03-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Elk View Post
Is there a reason people don't like rylai's on Shen? The health boosts his passive and Q. The ap boosts everything and it makes his vorpal blade slow. Its sad his passive doesn't proc rylai. I don't play him and was just curious.
Frozen mallet looks stronger for me, you get 200 more hp, and with E+ F.M. you gonna stick on a target forever.
Also you want to build some attack speed which is better with frozen mallet.

Edit: and Phage> Blasting wand + amplifying tome

Albert Dakkar

03-11-2012

Build Rylai's and Mallet and watch your opponents cry as they uselessly try to escape you.

DEFACT0

03-11-2012

They are not going away when you have mallet, kinda overkill imo.

Albert Dakkar

03-11-2012

Shen's melee so the rylai's slow from the Q will slow them down enough so he can catch up and use the mallet. Besides, every single stat benefits him immensly. Slap an Aegis on that build and you have a tanky dps monster.