new Dominion map awareness?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PolarIceCapp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2012

Okay, I know that the regular wards are somewhat OP in Dominion, but because the wards got removed, we have alot less options for map awareness, as well as visibility to the stealth characters, though I have heard that they need to be fixed with somehow. I just feel that Dominion-only wards put in with readjusted length of time/cost/sight range, does anybody have any thoughts on this?

EinzigerAI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2012

Start staring constantly at the minimap. It's pretty easy to tell where a stealth is going after awhile.

Kiddalee

03-10-2012

A lot of the map is automatically visible, and there are items that give sight as well as champions' spells. I think map awareness options are pretty good in Dominion.

Yaladilae

03-11-2012

Bring CV !

Jhecht

03-11-2012

My problem with invisible champs on dominion is that you have only 1 of 2 options:

1. Get the "oracle extract" which, if you don't die, is 250g every 5 minutes. But, it's dominion, and you're bound to die for some reason or another. Not a good choice imo.

2. Get one of the items that gives you sight on your champion's most common damage (ad carries get lightbringer, ap get the sweeper). Now, since this is a gold investment that cannot be undone by a simple death, it seems the more logical choice.

My issue comes from the people who have long-term stealth like eve or twitch. They are quite literally free to roam the map so long as they learn the positions which do not reveal them when they walk around, which isn't hard. In SR, you would just buy a pink ward or two and drop them in the main walk paths; in dominion you're apparently supposed to be psychic to know to use hextech sweeper in the exact right spot. Either give wards or change the "on damage" effects in both lightbringer and sweeper. that would fix all of my issues stealth champs in dominion

Huniz

03-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhecht View Post
My issue comes from the people who have long-term stealth like eve or twitch...
Good news everyone, Eve sucks.