What's wrong with the matchmaking?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Veni13

03-10-2012

As of late, I've been getting a lot of newbies/noobs on my team, but more than competent enemies most of the time. Not to mention afk's. The last game I solo Q'ed, we had a 5-man pre-made on the enemy team. These games are getting exasperating. Who would've thought 1500 was elo hell?

zionist shill

03-10-2012

Riot's MM operators were kidnapped by aliens......

FROM SPAAAAAACE.

And the aliens decided to mess with their MM and make it so you (and only you) get matched up with DC'd players and go up against try hard premades. True story.

larkhill

03-10-2012

the problem is that theres not enough people to play against. the tolerable range of teammates/opponents has been extended by a few hundred elo to combat the long queue times. as a result, this causes some pretty terrible teammates sometimes.

as a plus though, people in the 1500 and above bracket can sometimes find themselves matched with high elo players and have some fun.

for the people below 1500 elo... ugh... MM sucks.

Phourc

03-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpIe Reign View Post
you (and only you) get matched up with DC'd players and go up against try hard premades. True story.
Truer words never spoken, it's like he's been in my last few games xP

But yeah, seems to be an issue with few players and smallish premades screwing with the numbers.

Veni13

03-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpIe Reign View Post
Riot's MM operators were kidnapped by aliens......

FROM SPAAAAAACE.

And the aliens decided to mess with their MM and make it so you (and only you) get matched up with DC'd players and go up against try hard premades. True story.
Actually. Keeps on happening a lot to the guy I usually duo Q with too, so I'm not assuming it's only happening to me. My point is that it's been happening a LOT lately. But that was a great theory, thank you for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhill View Post
the problem is that theres not enough people to play against. the tolerable range of teammates/opponents has been extended by a few hundred elo to combat the long queue times. as a result, this causes some pretty terrible teammates sometimes.

as a plus though, people in the 1500 and above bracket can sometimes find themselves matched with high elo players and have some fun.

for the people below 1500 elo... ugh... MM sucks.
That sounds more like it. Riot should seriously pay more attention to Dominion, because this is getting ridiculous. Not to be stating the obvious and repeating what's been said many times already.