Dominion Tier List for this day of 03-10-2012

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ANUS JACKHAMMER

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geryth View Post
I could go into AP ratios, lane presence, anti-gankability, but instead I'll kindly present you with this:

Attachment 399185
AP Ratios are not nearly as significant if you can't land your abilities. In a highly movement-oriented game like Dominion, it's all to easy for most champions to dodge Gragas' Q. His ultimate is unreliable, as it's difficult to land efficiently; in fact, it's all too easy to benefit the enemy team by blasting low hp enemies to safety. Doesn't matter how good you are with his ultimate, once in a while you'll hurt your team using it because of its slow travel time and difficult execution (the same could be said of Orianna, but to a lesser extent). Then considering his E, its range is so short that it's more often used as a gap closer than an actual damage spell, meaning you're left with basically one damage ability (Q), two if your ultimate is up.

Furthermore, comparing AP ratios is generally ignorant. With a comment like that, I'd say you must be new here. What Orianna lacks in AP ratios, she makes up for in utility, as she's a support mage. Even if Orianna was a poorer support than Gragas (which she's not), her Q's DPS is comparable to Gragas' Q's DPS:
Orianna Q = 0.6 AP ratio with 4 second cooldown = 0.15 AP per second
Gragas Q = 0.9 AP ratio with 7 second cooldown (not to mention the extra second or two from when it's thrown to when it blows up, starting the 7 sec CD) = .13 AP per second

Lane presence? What is meant by this? Too ambiguous, clarify. Orianna's lane presence is pretty snazzy with clever positioning of her ball.

Anti-gankability? Gragas has E and R to save him. Orianna has W (speed her up & slow down pursuing enemies, which creates better separation than Gragas' E), and she also has R if needed - which she most likely won't need with her W alone.

Then again, I think in terms of top-lane only. This may be where we're disagreeing. Orianna is a pretty mediocre bottom champion. I'd agree to that. But she can be an incredible top laner with some melee allies. Gragas on the other hand, is very below average for a top laner. I've seen maybe a couple Gragas' ever do okay on top lane in my ~975 games of Dominion. The other times, they've been near useless. On the other hand, I've never seen another Orianna do well on top; but I've also rarely ever seen another Orianna go top. Guess that's unfortunate. But she scales better with skill than Gragas does, so I think it's not fair to say she's worse than Gragas merely because people happen to suck at her.

Jazman84

03-14-2012

Olaf should be higher.

Xyn0s

04-22-2012

Lee Sin should be tier 1

Wolfalisk

04-22-2012

I can't really take this list seriously if Rammus is considered tier 1.

Viral

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-22-2012

Junior member bumping very old thread... -1

DJTK

04-22-2012

Stop necroing.