Dominion Tier List for this day of 03-10-2012

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GrignardTS

03-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geryth View Post
I am very proficient with Orianna,
Then why do you rate her lower than Karma?

Risemix

03-12-2012

It doesn't take playing Orianna on Dominion more than a couple of times to understand why she doesn't work very well. :\

GrignardTS

03-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risemix View Post
It doesn't take playing Orianna on Dominion more than a couple of times to understand why she doesn't work very well. :\
What makes her, over Karma, a bad pick then?

What does Karma give the team or game that she severely lacks to move her in a lower tier?

Karma can't even speed herself. Karma lacks any hard CC.

TEEAHMAT TOOSDEY

03-12-2012

I really don't find any champion in this game to be hard to counter. Really lame and cheap sure, but not uncountable. That being said, I disagree with tier one a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrignardTS View Post
What makes her, over Karma, a bad pick then?

What does Karma give the team or game that she severely lacks to move her in a lower tier?

Because she can get a few hundred AP and still be built completely tank, making her hard to kill, on top of her AoE Heal, shield, and friendship leash, giving her huge utility viability and OK damage all in one. She is simply harder to play than most. Ori is straight up gimped, I've seen some do serious work, but chances are they are just naturally good with ori. Her big issue is the insane mana consumption.

AbstractFive

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2012

Quote:

First, karma can speed herself, her leash goes both ways. As I am sure you are aware. This can be used effectively to mantra speed yourself and a teammate to top. (say if you wait for a spawn)

Second, Ori should be moved up. Check my lolreplay's for proof (ranked around 1760 solo q only).

Ori is a disruptor that merges as support. She can effectively bottom by building hybrid, and she can effectively top by going mpen boots, cdr, ap on top. She works best with a bruiser line, much the same as karma does.

GrignardTS

03-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbstractFive View Post
First, karma can speed herself, her leash goes both ways.

Second, Ori should be moved up. Check my lolreplay's for proof (ranked around 1760 solo q only).

Ori is a disruptor that merges as support. She can effectively bottom by building hybrid, and she can effectively top by going mpen boots, cdr, ap on top. She works best with a bruiser line, much the same as karma does.
I wasn't explicit enough. She can't speed herself alone.

Quote:
She is simply harder to play than most... I've seen some do serious work, but chances are they are just naturally good with ori...
Being harder to play does not mean less viable.

Orianna is a niche AP Champion that provides offensive support and utility to her team, is heavily reliant on her team in the use of her abilities, is most useful around ad fighters, and is best built tanky ap cdr.

If you replace 'Orianna' with 'Karma' above, you'll agree that she fills the same role and should be in the same tier as Karma.

azurefishie

03-12-2012

I have seen an Oriana do great on Dominion and I have carried as Annie. You either hold bot like a boss or go in a group and kill people.

AbstractFive

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2012

Ori is more difficult to play than Karma, though. At least for me.

Geryth

03-12-2012

Quote:
Then why do you rate her lower than Karma?
Because Karma does everything Orianna can do but better, except work as a straight AP carry top.

Karma is just like Soraka in the bottom lane. She has Infinite sustain, can easily wipe minions, and can build tanky so that she is near impossible to play aggressive against to push her out, and she can herself against many champions play aggressive and push away. Orianna in the bottom lane is easily predicted. She's all about her ball's placement. Once she Q + W's a minion wave to wipe it, you know you have 4-5 seconds where's she's completely defenseless. Orianna also doesn't heal and is easy to play aggressive against, you can predict her ball's movements and easily come out positive on aggressive trades, as her shield is not as strong as Karma's.

Orianna in the top lane as a support is very sub-par. Her ratios AND bases are low, because all 4 of her abilities can deal damage. If she's supporting she's constantly throwing out shields and placing her ball for slows and speeds ups with her W. She's wide open for an assassin. As an AP Carry top lane, her ratio's keep her from doing as much damage or being as useful as other picks like Ryze, Cass, or Gragas. And also, she's extremely vulnerable to assassins, who are very popular on Dominion.

Orianna has an extremely high skill cap as well. She has to watch her position, her balls position, and everyone else's position AND predict movements ("Is my tank about to run in an initiate? Shield him and R when he gets inside them!") EVEN when you can make the stars align by playing with the best positioning you can with all of those factors, her ratio's make her support and damage very "meh", and with the best of skill she doesn't shine out like other champs that do similar roles. She's in a very odd AP Carry / Support spot, and that makes her dangerous to buff, but overall weak because of it, ESPECIALLY in sub-optimal hands. Karma shields, speeds up, and heals, and can build tanky while doing it well with good base values. Orianna HAS to build a lot of AP for either role, which makes her squishy and vulnerable.

Kierloway

03-12-2012

Amumu is a good champion and I've used him and Alistar to boost my win over loss ratio several times. Alistar is good but I think he is a bit more team reliant than Amumu. I've gotten plenty of triple kills and some quadra kills(in team fights of course) as Amumu holding turrets. Even if I am alone and die I generally leave the attackers sitting at less than 50%hp by the time I'm done with them and the rest of my team arrives. His stun is up every 5 seconds later in the game and he can just prevent someone from going anywhere if played properly. I can't tell you have many times I've had about 300hp left and some ad carry or caster attempted to finish me off only for me to run in the jungle and use the bushes to constantly stun them and use my two aoe's in their face. I've used this to finish people off from around 40% hp or so when I've had next to none.

I like this list, I just think Amumu is at least tier 2. I don't think I'd put him in tier 1 though, because he doesn't have as much cc as Ali or some of the other tanks that have 2 cc spells on low cd. Amumu's ult is not a joke though and can seal plenty of enemy team member's dooms. It's downright unfair if you have a good team that capitalizes on it properly.