K Riot, seriously... About the lore.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Celebi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostinicus View Post
I REALLY miss the lore! It provided atmosphere and flow to the game... But i guess it doesnt rake money into riot..
Ironically, it's what MADE MONEY for Riot... Notice how nobody buys the new champs... How about I tell you that ever since Graves/Shyvana, I have RARELY ever seen the new champ with a skin or just the new champ at all during his release... Nobody buys the new champs and bundles anymore... Because the champions themselves are boring.

I'm not saying EVERYONE was into judgements and lore, but the fact that champions had a judgement made people subconsciously like the champion more and be more hyped for them on release.

Now, the champions have NOTHING going for them except the sneak peek and their background lore.... Eventually, this makes people lower their excitement for a new champ.

Think of it this way, something that's not out yet but has TONS of info released about it will make you more impatient about getting the champion right?

Well the less things we know about him, the more passive his release will be, now people are just like "meh..."...

Remember all the "WHY ALWAYS 6300 IP CHAMPS RIOT?!" threads? That was because everyone wanted the new champs... Now, no one gives a sh*t anymore...

Don't know if you see where I'm coming from with all this or not, but if you think real hard about how it used to be. You can tell that the lack of lore has made Riot less money...

TL;DR:

Less lore = less excitement for new champ
less excitement = less players buying the new champ
less players buying = less RP bought
less RP bought = no $ for Riot

Celebi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-10-2012

bump for lore cmon guys

tHeWh1Z

03-10-2012

Bumping for lore.

SKwalker

03-10-2012

bump for more lore, the feather button is useless now

D=

Celebi

Recruiter

03-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKwalker View Post
bump for more lore, the feather button is useless now

D=
i know right?

bump this to no end. we need a red to tell us when we're getting the lore back.

Signal Warden

03-10-2012

One of my favorite things was logging on to my TS server and having one of my clan members instantly tell me "new JoJ is out!". Then we would spend time speculating on the things we read and discussing the lore in general. It was good times.

People enjoy story based games. People create role play exclusive characters for their RPGs. With the nature of this game, the lore was the only thing we had to allow that kind of immersion into Runeterra. I'll say this much as well; The excitement over the lore of the Crystal Scar lasted a lot longer than excitement over the Crystal Scar itself.

Bring back the **** lore Riot.

Celebi

Recruiter

03-10-2012

Bump!

Necrosis627

03-10-2012

Getting rid of the JoJ made sense because it is very restricted in what they can actually tell about the world
BUT getting rid of the judgements was UNCALLED FOR

Celebi

Recruiter

03-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrosis627 View Post
Getting rid of the JoJ made sense because it is very restricted in what they can actually tell about the world
BUT getting rid of the judgements was UNCALLED FOR
Well the JoJ was still fun, it provided info about anything and everything, new items, upcoming map, upcoming champs, upcoming alliances, new side story. It was epic.

But the judgements were really too far, they went over the line when removing the lore as whole but the judgements, that really was uncalled for...

Bump it bro.

Hunger Beast

03-10-2012

I'd really love more lore and more variety in maps as well as greater interactivity within those maps.

Make Jarvan's castle a map where we can fight in, and have it so the environment plays a role too. Think beyond just towers and minions, come up with in-game traps or things for the aloof summoner.