K Riot, seriously... About the lore.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Schamanee

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamKim View Post
I have friends who were also loved the lore. He instantly fell in love with Xerath's lore and he still mids with him even though he is not one of the best AP mids.

He doubts Riot can recover from this. He believes that Riot cannot simply "backtrack" and fill in the lore. There needs to be some hype for the champion during their release. Diana's release had some hype to it. It split the community into two, Protect the Faith or Embrace the Heresy. It made people want to buy Diana. IronStyus's code game foreshadowing Diana made people look forward to Diana even further. Especially since the game was done weeks to months in advance. People just thought IronStylus was being crazy, but we like him so we humored him by playing his game. When Diana was announced, everyone was like "OMG, this is what IronStylus was trying to tell us!!"

Indeed, Diana-styled releases were really nice and kind of got you interested in the character (which is one of the strong points of LoL, the fact that there is a character for just about everyone). I'm still waiting for Kitae and Runaan to make a tiny tiny response on this thread, just to let us know... "What is being done".
We want to know! The lore of this game was throughout enjoyable, the BEST Moba lore to date, which made characters and stories actually worthy of being read. It was no "Battle to decide the fate of the world" which was then relived forever, but we had reasons and actual political schemes played on Valoran. I think I speak for the whole lore-loving community, when I say that we'd like Ionia Vs Noxus RP events to make a comeback and actually continue the story where it was left (Swain seizing power on Noxus anyone?). Riot pls!

sinfulapotamkin

12-22-2012

Bump

Schamanee

12-22-2012

Bump! Silence is only worsening it!

Razor wiind

12-23-2012

Man, the background of League of Legends is SO interesting, but it's like a brute diamond - you gotta sculpt it.

RIOT would make so much money if some romances were released! Didn't they get it?
If they DO get it, why don't we get updated? Is it like a surprise or something? e.e

_________

EDIT: Fanfics are great but we're wanting some official work! It's like RIOT is throwing all the lore work on the RP & fics shoulders.

Best Vayne MTL

12-23-2012

Fanfics can be great but a lot of them make me facepalm. We need official lore! BUMPING FOR GREAT JUSTICE!

Xulsigae

12-23-2012

Perhaps we can help Riot? If their lore department is understaffed/lacking in resources, perhaps we, the summoners, could write lore for them. For free. And with strict quality control- no Ezrael meets Lulu in a leafy glade stuff.

MrActionMan

12-23-2012

I imagine if RIOT allowed for people to write the lore there would be strict rules to adhere to which would lead to most of the work being turned away as it wouldn't fit with the characters they created. That being said I would gladly write lore for RIOT without pay as long as I could put it on a resume.

With games like Journey and The Walking Dead game winning game of the year awards every chance they get developers have to see that strong stories can drive games, not just action. League has the possibility to have great lore and stories unfolding all the time, RIOT just has to give it a chance.

I think something like the Demacia v Noxus thing was cool, more event like that could be helpful for the lore as well.

Ace The Black

12-24-2012

That being said, I myself wouldn't mind writing lore, even if I had to sit for a week to do it. Then again, it's doubtful I'd be handed a chance for that just because I said it, and even more doubtful that Riot's actually reading these posts.

Poppie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-25-2012

bump

Razor wiind

12-26-2012

MEGA bump!

Please, RIOT. Feedback our worries!