K Riot, seriously... About the lore.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gryphon48

09-25-2012

Bump for the lore.

tinkoh

09-25-2012

Bump for the greatest justice Runeterra has ever known.

OPA Gangam Style

Chausser

09-25-2012

I agree. I really enjoyed the extra lore things that this game did and was disappointed when they stopped.

Axxlon

09-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotRaven View Post
we have come to realize that the formats we'd chosen have their limitations. Judgments are stories limited in that they occur only during the intake of a Champion into the League of Legends. The Journal of Justice is limited in that it can only contain in-setting journalistic articles. We have found that these limitations are preventing us from providing you with the background and stories that we really want to share with you, ones that will better appeal to a broad audience.
Attachment 532066
So this is the lore that you really wanna show us, Riot? THIS garbage? THIS piece of **** that you call the "Dark Sovereign"?

It could've been Kassadin's Daughter, but nope. That just wouldn't be good enough for you guys. You just have to screw **** up by calling THIS "lore".

Bah, who am I kidding... you guys are just a bunch of dudes who crawled over the WC3 map that destroyed the custom gaming scene of WC3. What good am I to expect from a bunch of junkies like you, anyways...?

ALSO: Just because you think that "they have limitations" (which they DON'T, by the way, if you knew ANYTHING about ****ing story creation in the FIRST ****ing place...), that is absolutely no good reason to stop doing them altogether. The League Judgements are FUN to read. The Journals of Justice are FUN to read. Just because they have what you call "limits", is no reason to stop doing them. The only thing that could possibly limit it in the first place is the fact that IT'S A SPECIALIZED ARTICLE OF STORY. WHICH IS, OH I DUNNO, THE RIGHT WAY TO DO IT?

TL;DR: Don't fix whats not broken.

Axxlon

09-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobowitz View Post
the reason why lol is such a great moba is partly due to its personality. We need more lore!
this reason exactly and this reason alone is why i am still playing league of legends and not dota 2.

Alexisonfire

09-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebi View Post
Game = Story.

Game without story = Boring Game that's just a hobby you will get over in 1 week because of how boring it is.
Played LoL for 2 years now never red any lore coudn't care less still play the game everyday. i can't see how reading the lore would increase gameplay but i do understand how people like to have background information and they find it interesting to read but to say it changes the game like that is stupid.

Celebi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexisonfire View Post
Played LoL for 2 years now never red any lore coudn't care less still play the game everyday. i can't see how reading the lore would increase gameplay but i do understand how people like to have background information and they find it interesting to read but to say it changes the game like that is stupid.
So if I were to make a game like super mario, but its a stickman, and there's no story, your only goal is "don't die" and finish levels, that wouldn't make you bored? The game wouldn't be repetitive? You're smart.

Imagine for one second there was no Demacia, no Noxus, no summoners, no crystals that provide energy for summoning like the Nexus, no background, nothing, just a bunch of characters battling it out, game by game, pointlessly. That wouldn't be boring?

Depending on your answer, which I can already think of, I will break my laptop before I ever reply to you.

AvalonFierce

09-25-2012

riot pls

DualAxes

09-25-2012

Riot please!! make a Paladin Leona skin.

lightning87

09-25-2012

I do miss the lore but I like where the game is going and the lore interactions are nice