Biggest bot lane misconception

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ms Annie Hastur

03-09-2012

Ok, so, say you absolutely demolish the top lane, so the enemy pulls a derpy move, and send 2-3 people bot against your bot. What do you do here? Do you send people back to d bot and recap it?
NO. NO NO NO NO NO.

If you have lost bot, and still have 4 top, when they have 2-3 at your bot, they are EXPECTING you to send your stronger player/champs bot to counter them, and they will be turtling it, so their other players will take your top from you when it's weakened. Do not go back to defend bottom or take it back, instead, use the obvious advantage that they are gambling on you not realizing. You only have two, in some cases, one person to defend on a turret against a push by 4. So what do you do? You kill the guards and cap thier mid, at this point, they have two options, they can either cap your mid, which is a really bad idea, holding their bottom, and your bottom+mid, it's almost impossible to D and they will lose it.

OR, they can all b from your bottom to capture their mid back, which leaves your bot open again. Which also means you can have someone B and get back in time to top to defend it, and you now have three lanes again.

When they go 3 on your bottom, they are BANKING on the idea that you are going to take 3/5ths of the team wasting to get it back, instead of capping them back and using their move against them, because having a point next to a spawn is intimidating. But it also makes it harder for them to D it properly if they have other points under fire.

So, next time they push bot and cap your bot point with three people, **** helping bot. Seriously, cap their mid, and use their strategy against them. They want you to waste the positions to retake bot, thereby stopping your early advantage.

ChaoticHypnotic

03-09-2012

This is great advice.

One of the single biggest problems in Dominion now is players who keep bashing their heads against a brick wall by repeatedly and mindlessly attacking a well-camped tower that they have no chance of taking, and feeding kill after kill in the process.

Learn flexibility people! If they are camping a tower, quit focusing that tower and go where they aren't!

Aparkhurst

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2012

As somebody who mains bot lane at a somewhat higher elo, I regret to inform you that problem rarely gets better. The problem isn't the relative skill level, it's how knowledgeable people are when it comes to bot lane.

+1

Basoosh

03-09-2012

I think you see this even more often with Windmill.

Wolfalisk

03-09-2012

How about your team sends help to your bot BEFORE you lose it...

What is this thread I don't even...

konfetarius

03-09-2012

TLDR, team that stays in visible areas loses initiative and gets screwed.

I think, in retrospect, barring suicidal solo artistry or utterly awful line ups, this is how I see all Dominion games lost/won. I've seen significantly stronger teams that convincingly won previous team fights get crushed when they attempt to cap a point and the enemy team initiates on them from the shroud.

ChaoticHypnotic

03-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZergSwarms View Post
How about your team sends help to your bot BEFORE you lose it...

What is this thread I don't even...
This isn't always possible.

Inevitably you are going to lose a tower at some point, and this thread explains the proper way to handle that. The reason it exists is because the vast majority of the player base still does not understand these very simple concepts.

PandemoniumHeart

03-09-2012

Good advice indeed.

Too often I find my teammates wanting to initiate on top when they enemy is turtling there (leaving mid undefended), or send too many people down bottom when it gets attacked, leaving me alone to try for the logical back-cap.

Much of Dominion, I think, is taking the path (or point) of least resistance.

Birthday Deluxe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2012

Generally speaking, if you can get to a point and defend it before it gets capped or neutralized, it's better to go on defense; as long as you have the turret backing you up it's possible to 1v2 or 2v3 the enemy for quite some time. However, if you think you'll lose the turret before backup can get to it, you're probably better off going elsewhere. If they take your bot and try to hunker down with more than two, it'll generally work against them, since they expose themselves pretty much everywhere else; ignore your bot and assault their mid or bot and you should dislodge them.

Kiddalee

03-09-2012

I have one.

Let's say you kill the enemy bottom but he manages to get your point neutralized. The other four enemies are either visible or dead. What do you do?

You take the enemy bottom without minions! Even though your own point needs retaking, the enemy point is a rare opportunity. Take the enemy bottom, then either back off and retake your own bottom, or let an ally retake it on the way out of spawn so you can try to hold. This is even a good idea if the enemy minions threaten to take your own bottom; it's still going to be easy to recap without an enemy champ there.