Ryze's Ultimate

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rezziver

10-18-2009

As most of you have expierienced, it sucks to lane against, or even get caught alone with ryze due to his ultimate. Well my friend and I thought of a possible solution, and that is everytime his ultimate bounces of an enemy hero or himself, the damage done is reduces by a percentile. So for example each time it bounces, the damage done is reduced by 15% give or take some. This would be similar to a chain lighting effect, because that is basically what his Ultimate is. Let me know what you guys think.

KingOfTown

10-18-2009

I love laning against Ryze. Stay back with your creeps and last hit carefully and he can't really hurt you. Soon as he makes one mistake chew his face off. Details vary by your hero of choice.

Of course if you get caught alone or baited in to getting ahead of your creeps its going to hurt. Don't let him bait you and you'll be fine.

Rezziver

10-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfTown View Post
I love laning against Ryze. Stay back with your creeps and last hit carefully and he can't really hurt you. Soon as he makes one mistake chew his face off. Details vary by your hero of choice.

Of course if you get caught alone or baited in to getting ahead of your creeps its going to hurt. Don't let him bait you and you'll be fine.
However if he is laning with a hero such as Taric, or someone with a far stun, this can lead to unfortunate endings. I just dont think that it is fair to have a hero come up to you, and just do massive amounts of damage to you, without even trying. I understand what you are saying though about laning against him.

KingOfTown

10-18-2009

Any double stun combo is going to be bad for you. I used to play a Sion/Taric combo that was disgusting. We had more ragequitters after lvl 1 violence than I have ever seen. Thats just a matter of good synergy with two heroes. In that case you just need to play defensively until someone can set us up the gank. People hate that answer, and I did too for a long time but if the laning situation is bad then it is either that or switch lanes with someone. A decent Ashe or Sivir will tear a Ryze apart if they know what they are doing. There are a number of other ranged champs like that. Cleanse is one of my favorite summoner abilites and so I will often counter bait and flip him into my tower and a puddle of goo (Singed).