Note about Dominion: for dominion players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Firellius

03-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kedoren View Post
So you solo dived a turret against 3 enemies while your team was pushing minions which would neutralize the point so you could have a 4v3 without the turret hitting you? And you're upset?

Edit: Even if you make the "right" move, if your team is not with you, it's not the right move.
Morgana was at 100 HP, Ashe at half her HP.

If my team had neutralised the point, they would've completely destroyed them since both Alistar and Galio were full health, and Tryndamere was half health.

Avari Cravin

03-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nollemretaW View Post
Oh look you think dominion is serious, and not a game mode you play to take a break from the SR trolls.
Oh look you think League of Legends is serious, and not a game you play to take a break from real life. Seriously try hards like you should be punched in the face.

Wolfalisk

03-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firellius View Post
You do NOT play for the kills. Botmatches are for kills. This game mode is about capturing the points.
Actually it's about both. You're not getting anything more than 2-cap when 5 of the enemy are on the battlefield. Windmill is never captured until kills on either team are achieved. Bot is usually never captured unless the laner dies. Killing with the goal to then capture/hold are important kills. Pursuing a kill and dying in the jungle usually isn't.

Even though I understand your sentiment with the quoted statements, you could not be more wrong.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2012

Quote:
This was posted in GD, then moved to Dominion.

So it was directed away from the target audience by the moderators.
My mistake.

I should have known that the forum mods were at work.

Phourc

03-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avari Cravin View Post
Seriously try hards like you should be punched in the face.
I've never understood how "trying hard to win" became an insult.

This just in: winning is fun, losing isn't.

Firellius

03-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZergSwarms View Post
Actually it's about both. You're not getting anything more than 2-cap when 5 of the enemy are on the battlefield. Windmill is never captured until kills on either team are achieved. Bot is usually never captured unless the laner dies. Killing with the goal to then capture/hold are important kills. Pursuing a kill and dying in the jungle usually isn't.

Even though I understand your sentiment with the quoted statements, you could not be more wrong.
Game is still about capturing points, not about kills.

Kills are a moderately useful tool when trying to capture points but they're not the goal of Dominion.

Wolfalisk

03-09-2012

Quote:
Game is still about capturing points, not about kills.

Kills are a moderately useful tool when trying to capture points but they're not the goal of Dominion.
Whoooooosh.