Note about Dominion: for dominion players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Firellius

03-08-2012

You do NOT play for the kills. Botmatches are for kills. This game mode is about capturing the points.

This is how not to play Dominion...

I just lost a match where I as Fiora sacrificed myself to get the Windmill. It was four against three, the three remaining enemies were all pretty low health and the Windmill itself was on the verge of being neutralised. (Say 5% remaining)

All three of my teammates stand back and farm minions, and then after I died, they all go in for the kill on morgana. Morgana uses her ultimate, and all of them die without getting a kill and without capturing the point.

I notice later on that Alistar, Galio and Tryndamere are all so obsessed with getting kills that they don't know how to assault a point. They pull three man jumps on the point without actually having one person capture it to stop the turret.

And at the end of the game I notice that both Galio and Alistar went squishy AP build. Not what we needed with a Morgana on the enemy team and both Corki and Fiora as squishy ADs.

Now I know I'm not the best AD carry, not nearly. But I do know my AP carries enough to know that squishy AP is the worst build in the game unless you're Lux, Nidalee or Veigar.

So here's my tip about Dominion: Play for the points, not the kills. Kills are for when you're defending. Not any time else. And in order to defend, you need to capture. Don't be a gloryhog, let your teammates wrestle down opponents while you keep the turret occupied for them. That is how you assault a point. Don't go for the kill.

nollemretaW

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2012

Oh look you think dominion is serious, and not a game mode you play to take a break from the SR trolls.

Lord Graves III

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2012

Dominion is a serious as you make it. If you treat dominion seriously, it is serious. How is it any less legit than SR? That said, I do play it to take a break from SR trolls. Someone trolls you in dominion and you are only trolled for like 15 minutes.

Firellius

03-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nollemretaW View Post
Oh look you think dominion is serious, and not a game mode you play to take a break from the SR trolls.
I play it because Fiora is a more legitimate choice there than on SR.

Granted, she's still abysmal, but at least it's better.

Phynal

03-09-2012

Guessing this was moved from GD because of the first two responses.

And around here (in our awesomely exclusive Dominion forum) you will find that this is not actually directed at us. Most of the players who will see this from here on out already know that Dominion is a capture and hold game and understand what it takes to win.

Firellius

03-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phynal View Post
Guessing this was moved from GD because of the first two responses.

And around here (in our awesomely exclusive Dominion forum) you will find that this is not actually directed at us. Most of the players who will see this from here on out already know that Dominion is a capture and hold game and understand what it takes to win.
Great work by the moderators then...

FDru

03-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nollemretaW View Post
[NA] nollemretaW (Now:Unranked, S1:Unranked), RankedSolo5x5: <1200 [9W/12L], Dominion: 1226 [47W/45L], Normal: 1222W/1276L

Notice how everyone who knocks Dominion is terrible at it?

This guy even has a negative w/l in SR normals. How is that even possible?

ActionButlerGO

03-09-2012

As Dominion players, didn't we already know this?

Firellius

03-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionButlerGO View Post
As Dominion players, didn't we already know this?
This was posted in GD, then moved to Dominion.

So it was directed away from the target audience by the moderators.

Kedoren

03-09-2012

So you solo dived a turret against 3 enemies while your team was pushing minions which would neutralize the point so you could have a 4v3 without the turret hitting you? And you're upset?

Edit: Even if you make the "right" move, if your team is not with you, it's not the right move.