Veigar's Ult--upper limit to the damage?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-18-2009

I am not sure if the damage for his ultimate skill has a ceiling or not, but I don't it does. So basically it hurts you more and more if you have more mana. This is mainly my whining, but it makes me feel very claustrophobic playing a caster against Veigar + Kassadin combo. One guy will drain all of my mana if I don't have a large pool to use, and the other will 1shot me if I have enough mana to deal with the first. I think it's an example of a good combo, but nonetheless, I feel that there should be a limit to this.

I think that Veigar's ultimate skill should have a scaling cap depending on his own mana or something so it doesn't become ridiculous.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mercurius

Senior Member

10-18-2009

Play a good champions. Like Katarina. Katarina doesn't have mana.
Problem solved.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lollerman

Senior Member

10-18-2009

Nah, just grab some MR, or use up some mana before you meet the guy. Having mana regen rather than max mana is also a good idea against Veigar.

He's meant to be a sort of a mage-counter, so it's not like he's going around decimating every single champion... he can't do nearly as much damage to champions with low mana pools like tanks/DPS, and the ult is a single target spell (Banshee works too, but he has Baleful to get rid of the charge I guess...) so it's not too broken.

Yeahhhh had a bad day v.s. Veigar?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-18-2009

Not really. The guy d/ced. The Kassadin destroyed me in that game though, since he's also anti-mage. I did used Veigar to pummel some poor casters before though, and I thought it felt kinda weird.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Critical Error

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-18-2009

He has no upper limit as far as I know. I actually just played my first game as Viegar today. The guy is powerful, but he isnt my cup of tea.

My main problem with him is that he can dump his spells and then be left with nothing to do. Maybe Im bias toward playing heroes like Annie or lich who always have spells to cast. However, I just feel like with Viegar, if you drop all your spells, you either kill or "o well, next time." That kind of sucks because there is a lot of downtime between spells. Of course this cant change because he would be a powerhouse with chain casts.

Id really start to worry about this guy as soon as some MPenn gear starts popping up though. With only 300AP (which is not a lot since it took me a while to get his timing down for last hits), his ult had a base damage of like 900-1000 +25% of mana, and his meteor had around 500-600(?). Not counting Cryopheonix's passive I could one shot with the ult lol.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TenToedPete1

Adjudicator

10-18-2009

Quote:
My main problem with him is that he can dump his spells and then be left with nothing to do. Maybe Im bias toward playing heroes like Annie or lich who always have spells to cast. However, I just feel like with Viegar, if you drop all your spells, you either kill or "o well, next time." That kind of sucks because there is a lot of downtime between spells. Of course this cant change because he would be a powerhouse with chain casts.
at max rank Veigar's baleful strike has a 4 second cooldown, exactly the same as annie's Disintegrate, and dark matter has a 13 second cooldown, only a little longer than incinerate. get some CD reduction on him, and a lich bane on him, and hes constantly casting, and every auto attack deals tons of bonus damage


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mordraer

Member

10-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xocolatl View Post
playing a caster against Veigar + Kassadin combo. One guy will drain all of my mana if I don't have a large pool to use, and the other will 1shot me if I have enough mana to deal with the first.
you immediately establish yourself as a noob if you think kassadin drains enough of your mana to matter in the least. and on the off chance that you meant using your mana to try and kill kassadin and not having enough for veigar, then um, don't go into 2v1s.

secondly, to complain about veigar is hilarious. he is one of the few champions that is perfectly balanced. go complain about one of the no-skill-required-to-own champions imo.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GNOY

Senior Member

10-22-2009

Kassadins mana drain is worst passive skill ever.

Its plain useless and requires you to get near target and hit it at least few times. Early game this means that you will be nuked/get hit. Lose 1/3 rd hp to drain some pityful amount of mana from enemy?? No way. Later in the game - it still useless - you wont hit anyone in teamfights or ganks (except maybe few times, between spell casting). Same as in pushing or during escaping. I barely see any situations where it would be useful.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordraer View Post
you immediately establish yourself as a noob if you think kassadin drains enough of your mana to matter in the least. and on the off chance that you meant using your mana to try and kill kassadin and not having enough for veigar, then um, don't go into 2v1s.

secondly, to complain about veigar is hilarious. he is one of the few champions that is perfectly balanced. go complain about one of the no-skill-required-to-own champions imo.
Each one by themselves is nothing to worry about.
But combine them, and it can make a very awkwardly powerful combo. This is because if you stack a lot of mana, Veigar will eat your face. On the other hand, you can choose to have less max mana to avoid his ultimate skill--but your smaller mana pool will be drained much quicker if that Kassadin stacks Wit's End. It sounds silly to most people who just go ahead and say that his mana drain is useless--it doesn't feel so useless when you have smaller mana pool.