Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Whispers with friends in game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wersching

07-30-2010

Hi everyone. I've been playing a week or two and I just hit 12. I tried usign the chat commands like /buddylist found on the main page but that doesn't do anything in game. How do I get my messages and buddys to show up in game so I can talk to them without having to alt tab to aim or msn.

R66Y

07-30-2010

whisper is currently disabled. It will be back, but no ETA on when.

ominaex25

07-30-2010

i dont think that lol has a buddylist command in game yet, but i believe you can type /whisper (summoner name) and you should be able to talk with them, kinda tedious atm

Sicyon

07-31-2010

There is also a short form for /whisper which is /r "summoner name" message. Also, if someone messages you in game, using /r will automatically put there name in for you so you don't have to type out there name.

5n4k3

07-31-2010

I'm not sure if /r <summoner name> works, I think that may only work for replies. /w <summoner name> works for sure though.

Recognizee

07-31-2010

/r works as a reply to the person who last whispered you. /w <Summoner Name> Works for whispers.

Synergy3

08-04-2010

Whispering has been removed, temporarily I believe. It's to cut back spam from players you don't know.