Seriously... how do you build eve to be viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cenerae

03-09-2012

Jungle or roam with her (or both), never lane. Eve is probably the single worst laning champion in the game (minor caveat here - Eve and Zilean make a pretty trollish combo provided you can keep them from having wards in the lane). Stealth is still a powerful tool, especially early game when people don't have any wards. You can force people to pink ward their lanes, wasting their gold. And even then it won't even matter if you use the brush and timing wisely.

Build-wise, you can either do an AD or AP build. AD Eve has high sustained damage over time, AP Eve has high burst. AP Eve makes the better assassin but isn't as useful against targets that won't crumple near-instantly.

For AD, rush Sheen > Trinity Force, then you can either build tanky via atmogs or more assassinish with Black Cleaver, Bloodthirster and IE. Ghostblade is also an option, but it gives her more of what she already has.

For AP rush Sheen, then get deathcap and lichbane, following up with Rylai's and Void Staff.

If you're jungling, then get a wriggles before the Sheen, then build as normal.

You need that early Sheen, because Eve can't really do much damage without it. If you can get a good start then you'll be strong so long as you can work around enemy vision wards/oracles. If you can't then you'll simply take too long to build momentum and won't ever be a real threat.

Unfortunately, with Eve, it's really hard to get that good start because her early game is so awful. Jungling does help to get around it, but she's not a particularly strong jungler and can be invaded by the better ones pretty easily. So you have to make some early ganks to get ahead.

2Heavy GoLeafs

03-09-2012

I know there are a lot of pos

2Heavy GoLeafs

03-09-2012

really, i tried to make 2 serious threads about her and how to be successful.... i hit back twice because of my cast and the fact that I can only use two fingers to play and / or type for the next 5 weeks. I havent made a guide, but I guarentee wyou will go positiveq KDR if you listen to what I say and how I build on Eve. She is still a great champ, and although she is not as ranged and versatile as twitch, I promise that if you counter pick a twitch with eve, you will rape him every time. Anyone reading this can feel free to msg me ingameQ( im currently banned but playing my smurf "SHLTFACED" or once im unanned "2heavy GoLeafsGo" . My smurf (when it was lvl 12 had a normal mmr elo of almost 1800, and to this day I still play evqeq when I see the enemwy team roll 2 or more squishies. Look forward to hearing fqrom you guys..

a very nice boy

03-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHlTFACED View Post
really, i tried to make 2 serious threads about her and how to be successful.... i hit back twice because of my cast and the fact that I can only use two fingers to play and / or type for the next 5 weeks. I havent made a guide, but I guarentee wyou will go positiveq KDR if you listen to what I say and how I build on Eve. She is still a great champ, and although she is not as ranged and versatile as twitch, I promise that if you counter pick a twitch with eve, you will rape him every time. Anyone reading this can feel free to msg me ingameQ( im currently banned but playing my smurf "SHLTFACED" or once im unanned "2heavy GoLeafsGo" . My smurf (when it was lvl 12 had a normal mmr elo of almost 1800, and to this day I still play evqeq when I see the enemwy team roll 2 or more squishies. Look forward to hearing fqrom you guys..
wow, a banned alcoholic with the username SHlTFACED who plays eve. if there was ever an argument to remove queue dodge penalties

Sokolniki

03-09-2012

Eve really needs a rework, she gets stomped by Pink Wards and Oracles straight up makes her useless. I was in a game where some player tried to use her, and I watched as he at best managed to tickle the enemy even when he was able to get in attacks. She needs serious farm to be able to do anything, but she doesn't have the means to get it in the current meta. Twitch is infinitely more viable simply because he's a ranged stealth champ, so Oracles doesn't hurt him nearly as much, and he has a means to reliably get up CS. If you want to play a long term stealth champ, I'd suggest him.

Cenerae

03-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokolniki View Post
Eve really needs a rework, she gets stomped by Pink Wards and Oracles straight up makes her useless. I was in a game where some player tried to use her, and I watched as he at best managed to tickle the enemy even when he was able to get in attacks. She needs serious farm to be able to do anything, but she doesn't have the means to get it in the current meta. Twitch is infinitely more viable simply because he's a ranged stealth champ, so Oracles doesn't hurt him nearly as much, and he has a means to reliably get up CS. If you want to play a long term stealth champ, I'd suggest him.
She will get reworked when the stealth rework happens.

It bears mentioning that we've been waiting about a year for the stealth rework, though.

Oracles and pink wards don't make her useless incidentally. It just requires extra effort to work around them (and doing so means the enemy team is wasting money on things that aren't helping them). Yes, playing Eve well takes a lot more effort to do than another champ.

edit - seems someone provoked the eve haters going by the rash of downvotes that suddenly popped up. Either that or it's a shameless attempt to get views for the guide below me. I hope it's the former.

Sign Of Hope

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2012

I made a small guide on how I play Eve. People have there own Opinions but you can't always think of just the Champion. You need to think what is going to be good Start, mid and late game.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...9#post21897109

Chingmeister

03-12-2012

Try a lantern, 3 BT, a GA, Mercs, 21 defense 8 utility (mobility), cleanse/smite, and a full set of mr/lvl runes.

LexCor

03-12-2012

Win early. Build her hyper aggressive and communicate your intentions to gank. If you can supress 2 of their champions, it outweighs your poor late game.
Of course, this contradicts everyone's beloved Meta, but that's how she's viable. An early game **** storm.

???

03-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grukasa View Post
Playing Eve isn't recommended, since she got nerfed into oblivion a while back.

Playing Eve well is a felony. The last time I saw an Eve pubstomp, I heard of her arrest on TV news.
are you supposed to be funny?