How to not over push the lane as Yorick?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

12ubb3rDuckey

03-08-2012

Having problems keeping my lane from pushing to far when playing as yorick completing dominating the lanes but I am often prone to one or two ganks which takes all the pressure off . Does anyone have any tips on how to play Yorick effectively.

Afgani Annie

03-08-2012

When you know the enemy jungler isn't top, push the lane into their tower and freeze it when it pushes back. There will now be more enemy minions so you can now harass while freezing the lane just outside of your tower.

12ubb3rDuckey

03-08-2012

Thanks for the tip just did this last game 157 cs in 20mins and 2 kills. the trick is definatly to watch where the jungle is because then u can harass like hell as you come out on top on any exchanges early.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2012

Also, on your first B make sure you have enough to complete your Tear as well as get a ward. Most junglers will avoid bottom unless its really pushed because the support always has it warded. Mid is harder to gank usually, and top vs yorick is a tough lane. Therefore, expect a good deal of jungler attention...

You don't have to push the lane. Your ghouls only attack the enemy champ and your E is targeted. Most tend to boost E first, so your AoE W deals minimal damage to creeps and enemies, but the slow is invaluable for ensuring that they eat a lot of ghoul damage.

I try to keep the creeps close to my tower so I can zone the enemy once Ive gotten a decent advantage. I find this to be effective at hozing the enemy while minimizing my jungler vulnerability.

After getting the ward and tear you have more room to spam, so you can more safely push to their tower if desired.

2Heavy GoLeafs

03-09-2012

you'll always want to regen hp and slow and harass your enemy, however your ghouls will continue to push and dont have a specific target.. I recommend conserving your mana and concentrating on melee last hits and only spamming abilities when you are being pushed back or harassed

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2012

Why would your ghouls push? This only happens if you nuke the enemy when they are just outside the brush, where they can jump into it quickly. This causes ghouls to lose sight of the enemy and retarget a random creep, which will result in a little bit of pushing (minus the time chasing the enemy and moving to the next target).

As long as you either are in the brush when you nuke, or nuke em when away from the bushes, you should have no problem with this.

d4l3kcaan

03-09-2012

a good trick with yorick to avoid/escape jungle ganks is to keep your Q ready, be next to a minnion at all times when pushing, smack a minnion with it to get a speed boost back to your tower, cut into the brush along the wall to avoid being targeted. throw a W in there and youre pretty hard to catch unless they have a good dash+cc.