All Support Team

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GrignardTS

Senior Member

03-08-2012

Since hard CC and MS are so important on Dominion, I feel an all support team could be viable as long as you picked Champions that complemented:

Top
Alistar, Tank
Blitzcrank, Taric, or Sona, Tankyderp
Janna, Tanky AP
Nidalee or Lux, AP Poke

AD carry Janna?

Bottom
Morg, Teemo, or Soraka

There are tons of possibilities, but I think with all the CC it could be strong as long as you balance AD and AP, poke and tank, etc.

Maybe an AD/AS Teemo top for more AD.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

03-08-2012

You need to first understand what is support before you call things like Teemo support


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GrignardTS

Senior Member

03-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaladilae View Post
You need to first understand what is support before you call things like Teemo support
He has the tag.

He provides vision, slows, and blind.

He is not a pure support, but he is a support. He's the swift scout.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hékate

Senior Member

03-08-2012

Tried this in a bot game when bot games were new in an attempt to make it a challenge and we steamrolled. The only thing I don't like about this is the "supports" like Lux, Kayle, Blitz and Teemo that are often picked for their offensive capabilities, not for support capabilities. I'd like to see a team of Taric/Soraka/Sona/Janna/Karma. Dat heal/beef! Tanky Taric/Karma top, Soraka bot and Sona/Janna with a little more AP than beef. I don't know about the DPS, but the sustain would be crazy...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MMKH

Senior Member

03-08-2012

I actually tried Alistar, Malphite, Soraka, and a Pantheon for AD top and we actually won against the typical tanky DPS comp. Lots of sustain and debuffs with CC. I want to test it out again sometime to confirm its viability though.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GrignardTS

Senior Member

03-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkate View Post
Tried this in a bot game when bot games were new in an attempt to make it a challenge and we steamrolled. The only thing I don't like about this is the "supports" like Lux, Kayle, Blitz and Teemo that are often picked for their offensive capabilities, not for support capabilities. I'd like to see a team of Taric/Soraka/Sona/Janna/Karma. Dat heal/beef! Tanky Taric/Karma top, Soraka bot and Sona/Janna with a little more AP than beef. I don't know about the DPS, but the sustain would be crazy...
That's kind of what I mean by balancing the support team.

Evening out the hard CC, sustain or defense (heals, shields, etc), and damage is the best way.

Alistar and Janna for defense
Blitz and Lux for offense


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hékate

Senior Member

03-08-2012

Right, what I meant is that most people don't consider Lux/Blitz support because... they don't really support. Nobody picks Lux for her shield and I'd hardly call having cc qualifying you as a support (in that case, most champs would be support). A lot of Riot's labels are nonsense...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Octovert

Senior Member

03-08-2012

Per the labels being rough guidelines only, they have singed tagged as a "fighter". AD singed, anyone?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PKPikmin

Senior Member

03-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyBarnacle View Post
Per the labels being rough guidelines only, they have singed tagged as a "fighter". AD singed, anyone?
Not saying the labels are super accurate, but fighter typically means bulky damage dealer, not necessarily AD. I'd say Singed fits that quite well with fling and poison.