Quick, easy fix to gangplank for when runes return

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dragonien

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-18-2009

I honestly cant believe i never thought of this before. theres a very very easy way to fix the broken Overpowered effect of Crit gangplanks parrlay. It does so much damage because it gets attack bonus, can crit, and does normal crits. so crit damage runes effect it...

why dont we just add a flat, seperate crit effect, like shaco's stealth. so instead of crits effected by runes and stuff, it would do like 150% or 175% normal damage.

it would still be strong, potent, and usable. but would easily fix how broken it can be, to be able to take off half someones health with a 6 second cooldown spell.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KingOfTown

Member

10-18-2009

You could just get some MR or dodge... really the only reason its not really OP is because its pretty easy to mitigate the damage. I've played the pirate a lot and in games where the other team gets MR or dodge (or both) he becomes much less effective. It's also blocked by the BV as well as Morgana's or Sivir's shield.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dragonien

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfTown View Post
You could just get some MR or dodge... really the only reason its not really OP is because its pretty easy to mitigate the damage. I've played the pirate a lot and in games where the other team gets MR or dodge (or both) he becomes much less effective. It's also blocked by the BV as well as Morgana's or Sivir's shield.
3000 crit? ok lemme just get my guardian angel for some magic resist... now it does 2600 crit? thats much better! 3K gold spent.


Regardless of it being counterable, its still too strong, for the sheer fact that, to counter it, you pretty much have to excusively counter JUST him.

its long since been established parrlay is OP. so either it needs to have a damage nerf, or cooldown increased. a 3K nuke is fine, Veigar's ult can do it often enough. but a 3k nuke on a 6 second cooldown is not.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SlyGoat

Member

10-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfTown View Post
You could just get some MR or dodge... really the only reason its not really OP is because its pretty easy to mitigate the damage. I've played the pirate a lot and in games where the other team gets MR or dodge (or both) he becomes much less effective. It's also blocked by the BV as well as Morgana's or Sivir's shield.
Gotta say it's pretty gay that he's pretty much the only hero that requires both armor and MR to counter. Oh look gangplank with infinity edge, better stack some MR to avoid dying to his 1200 crit parrrleys. Oh wait now his physical attack is critting me for 700, better buy some armor too. Oh wait now I have absolutely no damage output so he still kills me faster than I kill him.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Daesik

Senior Member

10-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonien View Post
3000 crit? ok lemme just get my guardian angel for some magic resist... now it does 2600 crit? thats much better! 3K gold spent.


Regardless of it being counterable, its still too strong, for the sheer fact that, to counter it, you pretty much have to excusively counter JUST him.

its long since been established parrlay is OP. so either it needs to have a damage nerf, or cooldown increased. a 3K nuke is fine, Veigar's ult can do it often enough. but a 3k nuke on a 6 second cooldown is not.
1) If you're gonna exaggerate, don't use maths.

2) So building MR or Dodge only affects Gangplank?

3) Established by whom? General consensus seemed to say that Parrrley was pretty much fine. It's not a 3k nuke, 1k at best (see above). Parrrley wasn't really so overpowered, Ashe can crit for nearly that much on a sub 1s cooldown when she auto attacks.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KingOfTown

Member

10-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonien View Post
3000 crit? ok lemme just get my guardian angel for some magic resist... now it does 2600 crit? thats much better! 3K gold spent.


Regardless of it being counterable, its still too strong, for the sheer fact that, to counter it, you pretty much have to excusively counter JUST him.

its long since been established parrlay is OP. so either it needs to have a damage nerf, or cooldown increased. a 3K nuke is fine, Veigar's ult can do it often enough. but a 3k nuke on a 6 second cooldown is not.
Am I doing it wrong? I have NEVER crit for 3k. MAX was in the 1500 range with an IE and a full rune page AND a black cleaver and a sheen. So exaggerate a little more. It makes your point weaker.

Oh and you know who eats him alive? Tanks. Yes, tanks, the anti-carry.

If you want to play a squishy, expect to get blown up whether is Gangplanks crit or Veigars nuke when he has 800 AP. Thats how it works man.

Also the easiest counter to gangplank is a Banshees veil.

Actually the easiest counter is a stun. The guy is paper.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anniie

Senior Member

10-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfTown View Post
Actually the easiest counter is a stun.
I lol'd.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sungkwon

Senior Member

10-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfTown View Post
Actually the easiest counter is a stun.
Something about Scurvy makes this irrelevant


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KingOfTown

Member

10-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anniie View Post
I lol'd.
Sorry, stun him twice. His citrus ability has a longer cooldown than most stuns.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bregan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-19-2009

we could also make it work like siphoning strike, where the bonus damage of the ability is added after the crit is calculated, rather than calculated into it.


12