The guide that is going to get corki nerfed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mothraelite

08-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by roninsm View Post
Bad item build is bad. Inf edge, last whisper, guardian angel is far superior.
agreed. Also, b-veil, yellow magic per 5 secs, and blue magic per 5 secs for mana probs, but yes the armor does go negative, so im not sure as to why he does not like them : /

xahhfink6

08-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symmon View Post
my understanding was that armor pen could go to -50... not right?
There is a difference between armor reduction and armor PENETRATION. Armor Penetration (ArPen) penetrates up to the amount of armor they have. If they have 60 armor, then your 30 armor pen will be really good, if they have 10 armor, it will only penetrate 10 of it (still good, but 20 of it is wasted). If they are at 0 or less armor through armor reduction, the armor pen will have no affect.

With Armor reduction, which happens before armor pen, it directly lowers their armor amount, so 60 minus 30 would be 30, 10 minus 30 would be -10, etc, there is no cap

tl;dr, armor REDUCTION can go as far negative as you have ability to, armor PEN can only go down to 0.

To the complete noob who posted above me, I get infinity edge, I explained why lastwhisper is complete trash on corki, I explained why my MR is MUCH more important than the mp/5, I explained why mp/5/level is better than mp/5, armor pen does NOT go negative is why the attack speed marks are better, and finally l2p.

To the one valid thing you said - banshee's veil is a very good item, but it makes him very weak early game (he really needs to get some damage going before laning is over). Starting with a catalyst was the way I used to go before I went with madreds, and is still a viable build, but I am encouraging people to try this one which I find much more successful.

Sinnen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2010

Picking shaco, **** did you just go 0-22 bro that's sad should've rage quit

xahhfink6

08-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinnen View Post
Picking shaco, **** did you just go 0-22 bro that's sad should've rage quit
Not sure who you are or who you're talking to... I've never played shaco once in my life

Edins

08-06-2010

any corki guide without trinity force or lichbane is a failure

Dimensionist

08-06-2010

+1 Very well thought out guide.

Will have to try this out.

Too many noobs and trolls in this thread especially regarding the difference between armor pen/reduction.

ChaoticHypnotic

08-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edins View Post
any corki guide without trinity force or lichbane is a failure

Corki guides with Trinity Force or Lichbane are immediately recognizable as created by a noob.

Thank you, come again.

CTHDRL

08-06-2010

Arpen is wonderful.

You will not always have E ready to use. You will not always be able to spare the mana. Your E may not always take everyone into the negatives etc.

You have a well thought out guide, this does not mean it's perfect or that it's the best build.

Bloodrazor/Wriggles lantern, IE and Phantom Dancer are terrible items for Corki. It isn't an opinion it's just a fact, he benefits from other, cheaper items in both early, mid and late game.

Your items progression should loosely follow the below.

Boots 1
BF Sword
Phage/Catalyst (depending on how much survivability you're going to need in the next 15minutes)
Merc Treads
Black Cleaver or Bloodthirster only, NO IE.
Phage now if you didn't get it before.
Guardians.
Finish TF.
Banshees.
Red/Blue Pots.

Corki isn't a right-click champion. You wait for your team to initiate while you snipe them and then you go in and release your AoE while focusing down indispensable champs on the other team with auto attacks.

Your sustained burst comes from your skills + autoattacks + ability to stay alive. If you cannot stay alive any team not filled with imbeciles will destroy you instantly.

Corki is most certainly not a "LOL Crit!" champion.

CertainDeath

08-06-2010

not best guide for corki

Wriggle's Lantern is not that good on corki... for a 2k i rather take a bf sword and have higher dmg than 35dmg and 30armor. I will die anyway if they FF me. phage/FM is kinda good item on corki when you feel like dying too fast or having a problem with getting lizard/chasing opponents.
I usualy buy phage in early-mid game... after BF sword or before if i have a hard game, and later upgrade it to FM.
Since it is not hard to kills minions after you get some dmg items, bloodthirster is a good choice on corki. Black cleaver only against team stacking lots of armor.
gantlingun doesnt procs on hit effects, and your attack speed is kinda low, so you wont get that much benefit from BC anyway.
The most important thing on corki is DMG, because of gantlingun - and therefore you should focus on it the most. You can always add some item like GA or BV or thornmail etc if you have problems with surviving teamfights but the more dmg you do, the higher chances that your team gonna win teamfight, even if you die while taking 4-5 oponents to 30-40% health with your gantlingun.

IndomitusRex

08-06-2010

I used to main Corki (inadvertently, my team just kept needing a ranged mid, and I was the one who swapped), and I had fairly modest success. My win/loss record was decent, but my K/D ratio wasn't much above 50/50. I've been trying the OP's build lately (or at least one similar to it), and I've been doing quite well with Corki. I'm sure it has something to do with me being a more experienced player, but the Wriggle's Lantern first is actually working for me. The Madred's is really nice for speeding up my farming, but building it into a Bloodrazor is expensive, and not necessarily the path I want to take Corki.

Waiting for 1850g for a BF sword can be a long haul, and it still leaves you bootless. The Madred's is a very nice alternative.

Teleport/Ghost is also working out well. Corki's lane-staying power isn't impressive, so it's nice to be able to go back without worrying about losing your tower. Between the two summoner spells you can cover quite a lot of ground.