The guide that is going to get corki nerfed

12345612 ... 23
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CoVi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzakuCMX View Post
Unless they changed it and I didn't notice...

Gatling Gun does 25% (a quarter) of his AD every .5 seconds for 3 / 4 / 4 / 5 / 5 seconds.

Meaning at Max Level it only does 2.5x his AD, not 5x >.<
True, you should edit that OP :P

FishPasta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2010

The most obvious problem to me is that you have no sort of CC unless you have lizard (or extremely late game when you get mallet, which is a time you should never get to if you have cleaver, starks, IE)
. The only way you're going to have time to get lizard is if you send the other mid back to base (whether on low health or dead), and this isn't always going to happen. So you have to rely on your teammates for CC. This isn't that bad, but as someone else pointed out, you have fairly low survivability until late game.

I suggest getting an early Phage which you can then upgrade to mallet later (after black cleaver? w/e) instead of wriggle's. Buy potions to help you stay in the lane. If you really find you're having trouble with health, just get a vampiric sceptre and upgrade it to starks later.

Apart from that, I agree with a lot of the things in this guide.

malphismia

08-01-2010

Good guide, shows how good wriggles can be. Might start incorporating it in my other item builds

LegendaryCaoCao

08-01-2010

I'm pretty impressed. I had to use it to believe it and that wriggles is a lot better than I first gave it credit for. That extra 5% chance on that 500 hit plus the life steal works like a charm in the laning phase. I wasn't even mid in a match and went 9/2/5 with the second most creep kills in the match (214) second only to our trist who went mid. I will continue to experiment with this and perhaps even use wriggles on some other champs I like.

+1 for helping to bring the passion back into the relationship between Corki and I (no ****)

xahhfink6

08-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishPasta View Post
The most obvious problem to me is that you have no sort of CC unless you have lizard (or extremely late game when you get mallet, which is a time you should never get to if you have cleaver, starks, IE)
. The only way you're going to have time to get lizard is if you send the other mid back to base (whether on low health or dead), and this isn't always going to happen. So you have to rely on your teammates for CC. This isn't that bad, but as someone else pointed out, you have fairly low survivability until late game.

I suggest getting an early Phage which you can then upgrade to mallet later (after black cleaver? w/e) instead of wriggle's. Buy potions to help you stay in the lane. If you really find you're having trouble with health, just get a vampiric sceptre and upgrade it to starks later.

Apart from that, I agree with a lot of the things in this guide.
A lot of things wrong here... Yes, the lack of CC is a weakness of corki, meaning it is important to count on your teammates as I mentioned, but he can get many many kills without CC, and if he does grab lizard he is truly powerful... An early phage instead of wriggles is simply a terrible idea as wriggles gives armor, attack, lifesteal, farming, etc... all the like 30 things I named that it does while phage is a lot of gold for some hp. Frozen mallet, especially earlier than I build it, is really awful.

The biggest thing though that you said that is wrong is about grabbing lizard/jungle buffs. I will be able to show it to you if i grab a livestream, but corki can get golem/lizard while laning mid without giving up a single minion. He can clear the minion wave fast enough, and then get to, kill golem, and return, before any of the next wave of minions has died.

Doctor Hook

08-03-2010

im tryin out ur build, im only 2 marks short of your full rune set u reccomend. I find corki's attacks to be really slow still. Do u ever make up for this with items or do u always play with just the speed marks

>Edit: didnt see your explanation of getting starks or PD, however i was still wondering if it's still a viable option to get starks/Phantom Dancer after black cleaver or after getting black cleaver + cloak of agility?

My games just never seem to last long enough for me to get past Infinity

Milo4k

08-05-2010

The main issue with AD Corki is that he has to get very very close to the enemies in team fights, and that almost always results in him getting FFed first (very low attack range). I still prefer AP Corki for pub games, where your missiles hurts like hell and you can lob it from a safe distance while having a very strong Q when the enemies gets with in medium range.

Arcanist

08-05-2010

Nice in depth guide. I can see how it works except for the lack of hp.

roninsm

08-05-2010

Bad item build is bad. Inf edge, last whisper, guardian angel is far superior.

Symmon

08-05-2010

my understanding was that armor pen could go to -50... not right?

12345612 ... 23