The guide that is going to get corki nerfed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

QQCucumber

11-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
I haven't played Corki in awhile, or against LeBlanc, but against other champs with similar issues, I just stay out of range as much as possible, and focus on last hitting. Whenever you have the opportunity to get a last-hit and harass with a phosphorus bomb simultaneously, do so. As fink said in his guide as well, hop out of the lane and wipe the wraith camps when you have the chance. This will give you a little extra harass-free farm.
Yeah, I watched the guide. The problem is, even with the magic resist, LeBlanc is hitting for half my life whenever I get in range.

KrupsMcGee

11-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xahhfink6 View Post
A green elixer either after blackcleaver or after your 2nd BF sword can be very helpful, especially if your team is a little bit behind.

Trinity is QUITE expensive, for an item that costs as much as infinity edge, you are only getting 20 attack damage, almost everything else is less useful than damage. Infinity edge acually is a 2.5 times damage to every crit. Btw, if you want to multiply my largest crit as corki, well: Pic related
It looks like you blacked out their carry's largest crit to make yours look bigger. Still ****ed impressive.

Using your build my best crit was around 1300. It's been a great guide for me and with these new buffs I'm scared they're gonna have to nerf him...AD scaling on missles is ridiculous, even if it's only going to be ~60 damage/missle late-game.

Krackor

11-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightdancer ND View Post
I also have mana problems, even with my mp5 seals and want to test a Manamune, too.
It will give you a lot of damage later. But I doubt the mana reg will be enough. 7mana/5s is the same and on the Tear (as on the Meki also).

I only have enough mana for my skills, if I have the golem buff and to get that, I need the Wriggle's.
You can get by on Corki without Manamune or Golem if you're very conservative with your skill usage. Only cast your Q if you're harassing/fighting a champion, and save your R for sure hits on your opponent.

Although, if you want to be more spammy with your skills, you can farm up a manamune pretty quickly. Buy the TotG on your first trip back (should be just before you turn 6 and start spamming your Missile Barrage), then upgrade it on the second trip back. That would remove your reliance on golem buff entirely leaving it for your mage teammates or jungler.

Quote:
- I have to fight nearly every game to be in the mid (often a Kat is refusing to go and ruining the lane, because she makes a 2vs1 out of mid)
- I have to battle over the golem with every **** Shaco player I encounter, if someone jungles I can't forget it right away, which delays Corki also hard.
- I hardly get early kills, because of other OP heroes are took mid (like Morde) - at last I don't give them kills
- ganks on the side lanes are also hard, because I have no CC (and my mana isn't enough for a second EQW combo) - besides with Wriggle's and boots I don't make enough damage (Corki is really good, if you finally managed to get 2-3 greater items)

A Missfortune can get far better results with less. :-(
Smart teams will let you have mid over an assassin like Kat because they understand the value of a farmed carry. I suspect if you can raise your ELO you'll find teammates more conscious of team priorities instead of individual priorities.

Again, if you grab a Manamune or just play very conservatively with your skills, you can get by without Golem. Imo it's pretty selfish to expect to be fed golem anytime before lategame as an AD carry.

Early game your priority is farming farming farming with a side of harassment and pushing. If you're laning against morde, hit him with a Q/R combo every time he comes up to siphon your creeps, then just push harder than he can. As long as you don't get pushed out of lane, you're doing your job well.

Imo you shouldn't be leaving to gank side lanes much until later in the game. Only leave your farming lane if you see a fight break out. You're fantastic for turning a fight around and/or cleaning up low hp targets, but not so great for starting a fight.

Eppa

11-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrupsMcGee View Post
It looks like you blacked out their carry's largest crit to make yours look bigger. Still ****ed impressive.

Using your build my best crit was around 1300. It's been a great guide for me and with these new buffs I'm scared they're gonna have to nerf him...AD scaling on missles is ridiculous, even if it's only going to be ~60 damage/missle late-game.
A Shen can very well have 0 crits in an entire game.

xahhfink6

11-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortenya View Post
haven't played against leblanc, but i would think you'd have to treat her like katarina, if she blinks in, hit her with everything you can. very few champs can out damage corki in the lane.
^^This, katarina, sivir, and mord are all champs can deal high, unavoidable damage in lane, which may mean standing back a little further (and maybe last hitting with missle more than AA), and it may mean going back and getting vamp scepter or null magic mantle before you can finish your wriggles/mercs

xahhfink6

11-02-2010

Also: I love this patch so much... I dont think this was actually that much of a buff, but now people are finally taking corki seriously, meaning that I can use him in soloqueue and dont have to fight over mid/buffs

Krackor

11-02-2010

Quote:
Also: I love this patch so much... I dont think this was actually that much of a buff, but now people are finally taking corki seriously, meaning that I can use him in soloqueue and dont have to fight over mid/buffs
I can definitely tell a difference in the AD scaling of the missiles, and so can my lane opponents. I've still met the occasional doubter that doesn't think much of Corki, but decent teammates will rally around me so much more readily now it seems.

Melon Reaper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2010

Quote:
Let me explain using a metaphor... your terribad corki goes into a bar (enemy champ) and thinks that he's going to find some ladies (armor). This is a pretty standard bar so it has 80 single women (armor) Then, my corki comes into the bar and shows off his good looks (gattling gun) and tells some amazing jokes (blackcleaver). He does so amazingly that he leaves with 110 women, all 80 of the single ones and 30 that used to have boyfriends. So now your corki stands up on the table and starts yelling that he is going to penetrate 40% of the women in the bar, but the bar doesnt have any women, just 30 really pissed off dudes that drag him in the alley and beat the **** out of him just as my corki pulls away with his ferrari (starks fervor) that attracted 20 more girls while he was inside.
This made me want to play corki.

X Widow Maker X

11-02-2010

Let me explain using a metaphor... your terribad corki goes into a bar (enemy champ) and thinks that he's going to find some ladies (armor). This is a pretty standard bar so it has 80 single women (armor) Then, my corki comes into the bar and shows off his good looks (gattling gun) and tells some amazing jokes (blackcleaver). He does so amazingly that he leaves with 110 women, all 80 of the single ones and 30 that used to have boyfriends. So now your corki stands up on the table and starts yelling that he is going to penetrate 40% of the women in the bar, but the bar doesnt have any women, just 30 really pissed off dudes that drag him in the alley and beat the **** out of him just as my corki pulls away with his ferrari (starks fervor) that attracted 20 more girls while he was inside. /textblock.
tl;dr, don't gattling early, watch your positioning, use if for kills and jungling.

Best metaphor i have ever heard in my life. Easily

GloryBox

11-02-2010

corki has high potential. i just have never seen anyone use him to his full potential. on paper, he can completely rape anything that comes his way but he is simply about positioning.