Does AD alistar carry?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XTreeX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-07-2011

can a decently fed AD alistar carry?
a 12/4/12 say?
items would be boots, trinity, FM/SV, phantom dancer, tank items.
if an AD alistar with such score using such items could they carry?
im sorry this is a slightly detailed question but im considering whether to get the golden alistar skin (lol) but only if i plan to main AD alistar which i would like to perhaps change games with

if you dont want to answer my first question then you can just answer: SHould i get Golden alistar or Badger teemo?

thanks guys :3

Beaumains

09-07-2011

Actually there's not a whole lot of detail here. Just because you got kills doesn't make the champ you played a natural carry. If you try to carry a game with a champion ill suited to it, you will handicap yourself.

I would look at Alistar's damage potential with an optimal damage-oriented build, and see how that stacks up against more traditional carries (Yi, Ash, Cait, Trist, Tryn, etc.). If such a build does comparable damage, then I would test it, to see if there aren't any unforseen issues (e.g. mana problems). If there aren't any critical problems, then I would explore further and develop the carry role.

For example, Taric, a traditional support/tank, has a theoretical damage output that greatly exceeds Tryn's (post-nerf), a traditional melee carry. Therefore, I will test this build for an AD carry Taric sometime when he's free (or I have so much IP I don't know what to do w/ it).

Keep in mind, however, that champions will be modified by Riot in consideration of their expected roles, not necessarily fringe roles - see: Tryn(AP) /rant.

I hope this answers your question. Good luck, and good gaming.

volaju

09-08-2011

No man, Alistar shouldn't build AD and carry. He has low attack speed, zero steroids, and nothing but AP ratios on his abilities. Hell, his headbutt knocks your target out of melee range for you, and two of his abilities don't even deal damage.

Build him as a low farm support with cheap tanky items like mercs, aegis, heart of gold, **** like that, and ward the map.

Also yes, buy the golden skin. Wasting IRL cash on aesthetics to support a company that doesn't even attempt to make good on their promises to release cheaper IP cost champs is a fantastic idea.

Syrenol

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-08-2011

Uh you know the 90 AD on alis ult? Plus all that damage reduction? And the CC to root them in place for damage? And the headbuttpulv gapcloser? you volaju need to read a champions skills before posting.
But yes he does do better as a support.

XTreeX

09-08-2011

^ what are you on about sir?
intelligent and educated answers only sir.
@ Beaumains (hello again if you remember me )
thanks for that. i play him as a tanky dmg dealer. My main role is to soak and my second is to deal damage to the carry that thinks i have **** dmg because i am alistar. anyway with tanky items and decent dmg with trinity i can just wail on their carry until he runs away or i am forced to use ult and run.
i do not intentionally try to carry with him but im just asking if you can strongly benefit the team with AD alistar's damage.

thank you very much for you answer

volaju

09-08-2011

lol how stupid, 90 damage at level 16, for a whopping 8 seconds total. Surely, you can take out an entire team in that time with your gamebreaking gap closer!

You know what, yeah, build him as an AD carry. It's very effective contrary to my earlier post. In fact, I'd say he's the best AD carry in game.

Tokinatoor

09-08-2011

ive seen him carry with a similar build but he got wriggles as his first item

ComradeHX

09-08-2011

He can beat in the face of squishies while, and ONLY when, his disruptions are on cd.

Which is a good use of the few seconds of AD steroid his ulti gives him.

Get him a ghostblade.

aRchiBole

09-08-2011

The stipulation of "fed" ilegitimaizes this question somewhat, a fed ad annie could carry, why not.

GetAlifeAndGoOut

09-08-2011

hextec + triforce + QSS + IE + PD = gg