How to fix Ap casters

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R

Senior Member

03-07-2012

Add cdr to prospector's ring.

Increase cdr on hextech sweeper.

Add cdr to haunting guise. It's never bought in SR so this would help both game modes.

Most AP casters are weak picks because they are balanced around blue buff and blue elixir which do not exist on dominion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GrignardTS

Senior Member

03-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R View Post
Most AP casters are weak picks...
Incorrect.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drakylon

Senior Member

03-07-2012

Blue pots do exist on Dominion, and the CS aura works just like the mana regen part of the blue buff.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GrignardTS

Senior Member

03-07-2012

This is why most mages build some form of CDR first, be it runes or items.

But they are no way close to UP.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SkeletalArm

Senior Member

03-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R View Post
Add cdr to prospector's ring.

Increase cdr on hextech sweeper.

Add cdr to haunting guise. It's never bought in SR so this would help both game modes.

Most AP casters are weak picks because they are balanced around blue buff and blue pots which do not exist on dominion.
I buy haunting guise as Karthus on SR. I get 80% mpen from that, sorc boots, and void staff and I'll have AA and a Death cap. If you are a glass cannon then that can be a good build for you if you want a little hp with mpen. adding cdr to huanting guise for SR would get more ppl to buy it though.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R

Senior Member

03-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakylon View Post
Blue pots do exist on Dominion, and the CS aura works just like the mana regen part of the blue buff.
Mana pots exist. By blue pot I meant the elixir of brilliance.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R

Senior Member

03-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkeletalArm View Post
I buy haunting guise as Karthus on SR. I get 80% mpen from that, sorc boots, and void staff and I'll have AA and a Death cap. If you are a glass cannon then that can be a good build for you if you want a little hp with mpen. adding cdr to huanting guise for SR would get more ppl to buy it though.
You don't have 80% magic penetration. Haunting guise is flat magic pen, sorc shoes is flat magic pen. void staff is percent magic pent. You reduce their magic damage by a flat 40 and then 40% of what is left from the void staff. Press C in game with those items and it will tell you your magic pen stats.

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Magic_penetration


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChaoticHypnotic

Senior Member

03-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R View Post
Add cdr to prospector's ring.

Increase cdr on hextech sweeper.

Add cdr to haunting guise. It's never bought in SR so this would help both game modes.

Most AP casters are weak picks because they are balanced around blue buff and blue pots which do not exist on dominion.
I do agree more items need better CDR.

For now...

Ionian Boots + (Morello OR Frozen Heart) + Masteries = Max CDR

If you need CDR off the bat, Kindlegem is a good substitute for Prospector's Ring.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SkeletalArm

Senior Member

03-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R View Post
Mana pots exist. By blue pot I meant the elixir of brilliance.
I never buy one of those on SR. Sure I'll get a blue buff once in a while but I would never buy those. I'd rather get the other and better stuff.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geryth

Senior Member

03-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkeletalArm View Post
I never buy one of those on SR.
You weren't very good on SR were you?


123