A little nerf for Heimerdinger grenade

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nickyo

10-18-2009

All i see on this forums is people crying about Heimerdinger turrets,

turrets isnt the main problem of that champion, you need 1 person with an area of effect spell to destroy turrets,

the main problem is the concusison grenade, so far its the only spell that can do major damage to tower and worst part of it you can cast it from so far that tower can't even try to target you, so either it's range should be reduced or the damage to building should be remove.

and if it was only about damage to building but that same little grenade have an aoe stun, okay there is some champion with stun, not alot with aoe, but none have a stun that blind enemy and it's getting really bad when you say it's an area of effect spell

so i suggest to remove the blinding effect from grenade, it's not a flash grenade, so it shouldnt blind stun aoe is preet large enough to let you land stun

TenToedPete1

Adjudicator

10-18-2009

agreed. he can turtle his own turret so well, and whenever he gets near an enemies turret, hes hitting it for 300+, and with CD reduction, he can usually get 2 off if he has a few minions there

AI Assimilator

10-18-2009

Grenade range is between 950 and 1200. turret range is 700. Its obvious that the smart heim players who use it for pushing are going to do exceptionally well. Most of the players in the topics who are debating turrets or defending heim turrets saying he cant do anything else arent even aware of the grenades true purpose.

EchoRex

10-18-2009

Yes. The grenades need to be unbugged and made to not hit turrets. Played a couple rounds today against Heimers who maxed cooldown and spammed the towers with grenades while ensconced in their turret nests built JUST out of range.

This definitely needs to be addressed, and soon.

AI Assimilator

10-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo7 View Post
Yes. The grenades need to be unbugged and made to not hit turrets. Played a couple rounds today against Heimers who maxed cooldown and spammed the towers with grenades while ensconced in their turret nests built JUST out of range.

It actually says in the ability description that it works on turrets, so it isnt a bug. However for balance purposes it should be changed somehow. Like at least being within ~600 range for starters.

CaptPlanet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo7 View Post

It's not a bug, it's meant to hit turrets. I quote from his skill list..

"heimerdinger lobs a grenade..., dealing damage to enemy units/turrets ..."

Although grenade lobbing towers is pretty much why I play Heim. his turrets are a joke against certain heroes and his W is pretty god awful if there are 2+ people around.

Edit: ninja'd

Yeorwned

10-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickyo View Post
All i see on this forums is people crying about Heimerdinger turrets,

turrets isnt the main problem of that champion, you need 1 person with an area of effect spell to destroy turrets,
I thought this post was very entertaining...considering I was in a game with you tonight and all you did the entire time was cry about the turrents destorying you. GG

Highborne

10-18-2009

His whole spell build needs to be removed, he is 100% overpowered as it stands.

FruitJuice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2009

I have less issue with his turrets, as there are easy AOE counters to it. However, the grenade lobbing killing towers is just too ridiculous. Nerf that range or make it do less damage against towers.

EchoRex

10-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI Assimilator View Post
It actually says in the ability description that it works on turrets, so it isnt a bug. However for balance purposes it should be changed somehow. Like at least being within ~600 range for starters.
Sorry, didn't catch them saying that, oops. But the point still stands, the grenades being tossable from inside a nest of turrets while out of turret range is just stupid.

Range decrease and have the turrets target anyone throwing them, then yes, by all means, leave them as able to damage the turrets.