ap or ad yi?

ad to chop em up 33 48.53%
ap to nuke 22 32.35%
I'MMA HYBRID YI ***** 13 19.12%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

ap yi vs ad yi on dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DD Tootulz

03-07-2012

AP Yi bot in the right hands can be a devasting counter to a lot of champs.

Roundabout

03-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootulz View Post
AP Yi bot in the right hands can be a devasting counter to a lot of champs.
Such as?

GrignardTS

03-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booty Swag View Post
Such as?
Most mages.

Since they all usually have mediocre pushing (save for a few) and rely on harassment with killing during their ultimate, Yi can just sit at full HP with meditate and simultaneously out push them and harass with Alpha Strike.

They are forced to gank since you can literally never leave lane and farm forever.

Hékate

03-07-2012

AP Yi sounds like a fun build... any tips on stats to focus on/masteries/runes?

GrignardTS

03-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkate View Post
AP Yi sounds like a fun build... any tips on stats to focus on/masteries/runes?
21 - 9 - 0

mpen
ap/level
cdr or ap/level
cdr or ms

start:
ring + boots + pots
or
amp tomex2 + boots + pots

Sorc Boots
DFG
Death Cap

work in a revolver if needed

All possible next items, purely based on game and matchup:
Morello's, Void Staff, Abyssal, Zhonya's,

Ikruti

03-07-2012

Strange, I actually fought an AP Yi bot and pretty much dominated him. I was Udyr though. Turtle deals with Alpha Strike pretty well and Bear stops Meditate.

Also, in general I've found that AP Yi has an OK early to mid game but seems to fall off in end game. Specifically if anyone can stun, his main defense of Meditate becomes useless. AD Yi on the other hand seems to be better at late game and keeping pressure on throughout the game. Then again, that's just what I've seen in my Elo, so who knows, I'm sure it's different elsewhere.

Hugs From Momma

03-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrignardTS View Post
Most mages.

Since they all usually have mediocre pushing (save for a few) and rely on harassment with killing during their ultimate, Yi can just sit at full HP with meditate and simultaneously out push them and harass with Alpha Strike.
I think you mean "most mages without an interrupt"... which means... Morde and Ryze

ShenanigansOKeef

03-07-2012

Is AP Yi viable in the right hands? Maybe. Is AP Yi better than AD Yi? Hell naw.

ShawNuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikruti View Post
Strange, I actually fought an AP Yi bot and pretty much dominated him. I was Udyr though. Turtle deals with Alpha Strike pretty well and Bear stops Meditate.

Also, in general I've found that AP Yi has an OK early to mid game but seems to fall off in end game. Specifically if anyone can stun, his main defense of Meditate becomes useless. AD Yi on the other hand seems to be better at late game and keeping pressure on throughout the game. Then again, that's just what I've seen in my Elo, so who knows, I'm sure it's different elsewhere.
Same story. Build a little MR, interrupt Meditates, shrug off damage, and out push him... I think the Yi ended up 0-13 in the game I played.

maxusmaximus

03-07-2012

Ad yi is a bit like kat he can snowball like crazy but both of them get shut down hard with cc to the point of being useless. Ap yi doesnt really have the same weakness as he can stay safely out of range and just alpha when he likes. The major problem with ap is that if the other team buys mr he will tickle them with alpha strike. If i do play yi ever in dom its as ap yi bot, ad yi is very unreliable and he's outdone by pretty much every ad in the game these days especially fiora who seems to pretty much fill the same niche.