[ITEM SUGG] Parrying Blade

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kingreaper

10-18-2009

Dagger (420)+Cloak Of Agility (880)+Longsword(415)+600= 2315

20% attack speed
20 damage
20% critical chance
Unique Passive:
30% chance on attack that your targets next attack (made within 2 seconds) will damage themselves rather than the intended target. Three second cooldown.

(this damage counts as coming from you for all purposes)

Basic idea is an item that's great for taking down attack-damage+crit-stacked carrys while physically attacking.

Not sure if it achieves that goal, what do people think?

Wana

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2009

Gee, who needs Thornmail when you have this?

Solid idea but lower the proc chance for parrying an attack, otherwise this will be the bane of high-speed carries. If I'm not mistaken, this will negate the effects of lifesteal by a long shot.

TenToedPete1

Adjudicator

10-18-2009

this + spray and pray = team suicide? tone down the % chance, or up the internal cooldown and its got some promise

IEatBabies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2009

Wouldn't you be negating/nullifying their attack with a parry? I'm sorry to push semantics, but that is what I do.

If you are turning their force against them it's really more of a counter. And if it is a counter wouldn't it be you attacking them instead of them attacking them?

I like the idea. If you could give situations or examples of how the item would be effective as well as ineffective to clarify its use it would be appreciated.

If I was an AS/Crit carry would it be of use to me considering the AS/AT/Crit?

If you are intending the weapon to return their own attack, might you want dodge or other defensive stats on the item so that you live long enough for your proc to go off? Your damage would have nothing to do with the damage returned correct?

Sorry for all the questions, I promise it's not an attack, I'm just curious.

Kingreaper

10-19-2009

@tentoed: Spray and pray could proc this a maximum of 3 times, more likely twice.

not 3 times per hero, 3 times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEatBabies View Post
Wouldn't you be negating/nullifying their attack with a parry? I'm sorry to push semantics, but that is what I do.

If you are turning their force against them it's really more of a counter. And if it is a counter wouldn't it be you attacking them instead of them attacking them?
This just seemed the simplest way to have damage done to them equal to their damage AND cancel an attack of theirs ONLY if they're attacking.
Quote:

I like the idea. If you could give situations or examples of how the item would be effective as well as ineffective to clarify its use it would be appreciated.
I'm currently thinking on that. Will get back to you when I have good examples.
Quote:

If I was an AS/Crit carry would it be of use to me considering the AS/AT/Crit?
Depends on your enemy team.
Quote:
If you are intending the weapon to return their own attack, might you want dodge or other defensive stats on the item so that you live long enough for your proc to go off?
Dodge would certainly make sense
Your damage would have nothing to do with the damage returned correct?
Quote:

Sorry for all the questions, I promise it's not an attack, I'm just curious.
No problem. The idea is posssibly incomplete.