Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

pvp.net patcher kernel is not responding

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chablagoo

08-02-2012

Never had a problem till I installed the new patch yesterday, followed all the steps and still nothing, shield comes up after I press play and then login screen never pops up. Any ideas, any changes in the last patch that would cause this?

noogiedooger

09-03-2012

Quote:
matchk97:
all i had to do was go to task manager and end the application in the background, run lol again, and it worked... Hope it helps...

that worked

Dyerbolical

01-30-2013

This needs to be fixed properly Out of no where today I am unable to load LoL because of this bug. I do not want to have to uninstall and re-download 2Gb's worth of gaming data all the time. And I have done the NUA and also the run with administrator and it has made no difference what so ever.

Rydmir

01-30-2013

Problem resolved. Been trying to fix this all day and the one solution I couldn't try was, "4. Replace <install directory>/RADS/system/rads_user_kernel.exe, with this file" as the link was not working so I couldn't get the file. I tried the link again and it loaded this time allowing me to replace the rads_user_kernel.exe which has allowed the launcher to run.

Blazinfast

02-03-2013

I need help i tried the all the steps but when i go to Replace <install directory>/RADS/system/rads_user_kernel.exe, it doesnt replace the file and it opens up the league shield thing and says it has stopped working so please help.

Blazinfast

02-03-2013

Also when i goto install Dot .NET 3.5 it won't let me even after i turned on all the windows features

Blazinfast

02-03-2013

When i click on the kernel file that i downloaded it says pvp.net patcher has stopped working

MoRRey BoWRust

02-12-2013

ive tried this and it works, i dont know about urs,,,
go to control panel, click USER ACCOUNTS AND FAMILY SAFETY. then, click USER ACCOUNTS,
click CHANGE USER ACCOUNT CONTROL SETTINGS then NEVER NOTIFY.. after youve done all, right click on LEAGUE OF LEGENDS icon, YES ofcourse, dont click PLAY right away, check upper right, there's a repair button, _ minimize, x for close, .... click the repair button then ok,,, it will take you 15-20 mins to repair, then automatic patch again,, and done! i hope it works for you hihihihi

Klovex

02-13-2013

this happening to me aswell

ScytheMeisterMay

09-04-2013

still has yet to work for me i've followed so many steps from this to other forums. Still no luck