Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

If you stopped playing Dominion, would you stop playing lol?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R

03-07-2012

Dominion is unique while SR is a bad version of dota. No reason to play SR when there are better versions of it.

Bonabon

03-07-2012

Dominion is the only reason I play LoL.

Nilat

03-07-2012

Quote:
Bonabon:
Dominion is the only reason I play LoL.

Same. I got really tired of SR after playing a few hundred games, PVE elements in any game just do not interest me at all. I would have completely quit LoL awhile back if there was no Dominion. Have not played a single game of SR since it came out, and never will again.

GrignardTS

03-07-2012

Quote:
Nilat:
Same. I got really tired of SR after playing a few hundred games, PVE elements in any game just do not interest me at all. I would have completely quit LoL awhile back if there was no Dominion. Have not played a single game of SR since it came out, and never will again.

This.

fizzlebeef

03-07-2012

Yeah, I want a mix of SR/Dominion. I can't go back to plain ol 25 minute farming, but I think Dominion is a little squirly. Only word I can find to describe it atm.

Cherokeepimp

03-07-2012

Definitely all done if I quit Dominion. Ask any of the trolls on the board, was supposed to quit over a month ago lol for this same thing.

Sauron

03-07-2012

If I had to stop playing Dominion, I would start playing Twisted Treeline.

I don't dislike SR, but whenever I give it a shot, I just feel like I'm wasting so much time doing PvE waiting for the real game to begin.

Alpha Q23

03-07-2012

Actually, I only play Co-op or sometimes Arab dominion..

Breidr

03-07-2012

*The Following is an expressed OPINION from a player, and is in no way fact or meant to be taken as fact. This post is not intended to start a flame war or garnish backlash from other forum goers*

Quote:
Viktoree:
You reading this Riot?

My guess is: No

Like so many other games I've played. I feel ignored. They were so excited when Dominion was coming, it came, and right under the table it went...

Balancing for SR only... We know where they're placing their bet.
Adding new champion every two weeks... GG Balance

I'm normally not one to Complain at things, but when I stopped playing this I went back to SCII and I'm seeing the same sort of problem: Ignored community outcry. I'm not talking about the trolls/QQers. Ranked anyone? When was the last time we even got a Red post stating nothing was going to be changed. At least that would kill the false hope and people could stop asking WHEN?!?!?

Now I know the other game I enjoy is going to go down the tubes, but the company that makes it isn't likely to feel the hit of their subpar products for a little while yet, so I have to ride that one out. Riot on the other hand has League of Legends and that's it. Hopefully if this game takes a big enough hit they will start to notice. The only thing that can FORCE a change is a hit to the bank account. If the current state of the game yields profits, don't expect a change. The one thing that scared me when I started this is the sheer amount of champions and the speed new one's were cranked out. I gave up on trying to keep up, picked a couple favorites from the Collector's pack and went with that. How can they ever expect anyone to keep up with that, and BALANCE it? To add to that. I'm all for revenue, but I feel this game pumps out a new $7.50 DLC pack every two weeks, hence why I gave up on trying to keep up.

I had high hopes for this when I started two years ago. I hated DotA. Dominion was different. I loved it. I miss all the excitement. I watched the streams, played my games, had fun. Now I come here and see nothing by complaining, crying, and unsavory statements I never thought I would see...

I may pop in a few times every now and then to hang out with my Buddy Teemo, but if I want to invest long term into something, I feel there are better uses of my time.

ThunderJak

03-07-2012

I never really enjoyed SR that much when i first started playing LoL. I hate the whole 20 minutes of poking each other until the game really gets going. Dominion is the only reason I'm still around. And I'm not even sure how long that will be if Riot doesn't wise-up soon.