If you stopped playing Dominion, would you stop playing lol?

1234567 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IMSOJUICY

03-06-2012

i'd play SR with irl friends occassionally. that's about it.

Albert Dakkar

03-06-2012

No, I would play SR because I play it with my friends and I would still like to get around to doing ranked. However, Dominion is the mode I play when I go solo. So I would play a lot less than I do now without Dominion.

Aehron

03-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktoree View Post
I personally hope some other company makes a similar game based/focused around the Dominion game type, i'd gladly jump ship for that.
Guild Wars 2 structured pvp... yes!!

RealWolf M

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2012

yeah, if a game is made purely about dominion, not a side-show game, but like how HoN/LoL(SR) / Dota2 have made Dota a full game instead of a sidegame, then I would totally just switch to it (assuming they show effort towards balance/improvement/professional tournaments)

Stralucire

03-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aehron View Post
Guild Wars 2 structured pvp... yes!!
Yeah, I'm pretty much all dominion until GW2. At which point I'll probably drop LoL entirely.

As for the question at hand: SR is already dead to me.

Rameauite

03-06-2012

I will only play SR with friends at this point. It just feels so stagnant for the first 20 minutes and then when it starts picking up people can opt to surrender and force you back into stagnation for another game.

With Dom it feels like they took the fun of mid/early late game and made a mode out of it.

Phynal

03-06-2012

I will do what I did before when I pretty much quit LoL. Play a game a day against bots for my first win bonus.

I feel no need to go back to SR unless I am playing with friends.

I've pretty much reached the point where I just don't see anywhere to go in dominion and I'm losing interest (from 5-10 games per day to 1-4 now).

IndigoHawk

03-06-2012

Dominion saved LoL for me. SR is too boring. I would really like to see Riot try to solve the bot lane problem in Dominion, though. Riot made a mistake by simply throwing Dominion out there and not keeping an active team fiddling with it.

Although ... Dominion did give me an idea. What if there was a "fast start" mode for SR? Just give people some gold to start out with to drastically cut down on the laning phase. That might be fun. I know, a lot of SR is about getting gold advantage ... but ... I'd be willing to give that up if it shortened the SR games and focused more on everything but last hitting.

If Riot is willing to offer another game mode, I might be willing to try that. If Dominion continues to rot, I'll eventually quit rather than go back to SR.

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2012

I would quit LOL unless they made an ARAM / ARAB map, then i might play that.

But if they work on Dominion well and make it better and also consider us when making unnecessary nerfs to champions, then I don't see why I would quit LOL (as long as I still have the time to play games)

ActionButlerGO

03-07-2012

Dominion is the only reason that I have stayed this long, so, yes.

1234567 ... 9