Getting Bored - Need unconventional builds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Commander Yordle

03-13-2012

So I'm starting to get a bit bored of LoL. Nowadays I play nothing but Dom because of the obvious flaws with SR, but even Dom is starting to become dull to me. So, I'm now searching for unconventional / troll builds that actually work to spice up my gameplay a bit.

So far the only one that I've found that works relatively well is tank Ashe. Build usually goes Sorc Shoes -> Thornmail -> Warden's Mail -> Frozen Mallet -> Odyn's Veil -> Void Staff. The idea is to be a tanky slow-bot while using your ult to interrupt captures. Bruisers and assassins are extremely popular on Dom, so with this build they usually kill themsleves on the Thornmail if they try to 1v1 Ashe.

So, what are your favorite unconventional build that actually works? I'll give each serious build a try on Dom.

Darmival

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2012

removed for stupid question O_o

GrignardTS

03-13-2012

AP Yi, AP Tristana

Hybrid Nidalee

Commander Yordle

03-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darmival View Post
Please explain why your tank ashe is using magic pen.......
Thornmail is magic damage, which is what kills the melee's. So far I've killed AD Sion, Wukong and Fiora 1v1 thanks to Thornmail reflect coupled with MPen. Oh, I also held off a Wukong and Aniv at the Windmill for 5 minutes with my tank Ashe build. When I died both were low health and 3 of my teammates showed up to finish them.

Commander Yordle

03-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrignardTS View Post
AP Yi, AP Tristana

Hybrid Nidalee
Already done AP Yi a bunch. It's fun to go bot with him, but I need something new.

I may have to try out AP Trist.

Darmival

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PretzelBagel View Post
Thornmail is magic damage, which is what kills the melee's. So far I've killed AD Sion, Wukong and Fiora 1v1 thanks to Thornmail reflect coupled with MPen. Oh, I also held off a Wukong and Aniv at the Windmill for 5 minutes with my tank Ashe build. When I died bot were low health and 3 of my teammates showed up to finish them.
well i learned something new, thanks. lol

GrignardTS

03-13-2012

Quote:
Thornmail is magic damage, which is what kills the melee's. So far I've killed AD Sion, Wukong and Fiora 1v1 thanks to Thornmail reflect coupled with MPen. Oh, I also held off a Wukong and Aniv at the Windmill for 5 minutes with my tank Ashe build. When I died both were low health and 3 of my teammates showed up to finish them.
You know, I bet very few ever thought of this application of mpen.

Me included.

Commander Yordle

03-13-2012

Quote:
You know, I bet very few ever thought of this application of mpen.

Me included.
Most bruisers and assassin's don't realize how much damage Thornmail with stacked MPen does, either.

GrignardTS

03-13-2012

Quote:
Most bruisers and assassin's don't realize how much damage Thornmail with stacked MPen does, either.
Not saying you should itemize it on ashe though XD

Why not do something similar just with someone who can use mpen outside of their ulti?

Commander Yordle

03-13-2012

Quote:
Not saying you should itemize it on ashe though XD

Why not do something similar just with someone who can use mpen outside of their ulti?
Frost Shot + Warden's Mail (if being attacked) + Frozen Mallet = no one ever escapes from your carry.