Would this resolve the Heimerdinger problems?

Turrets do not stealth and cannot shoot through grass 2 11.76%
Turrets have a set duration after which they die 5 29.41%
Both One and Two 4 23.53%
Nah, I would still hate him regardless 6 35.29%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

A possible solution to Heimerdinger problems

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

albatroxx

10-18-2009

I personally like Heimerdinger. Both playing with and against. Really the only thing which I find to be a huge problem is when he lays down 6 level 3 turrets hiding behind the brush, which they can shoot through. When you go through to kill them, so that they dont kill you, you die because there are 6 of them and he is supporting them. Hence the proposed solution.

Klinkin

10-18-2009

Wait, where's the solution?
My solution: tell your AoE caster to send some damage into the brush. Each level gained on a turret is at least 15 seconds. That's 30 seconds for one lv 3 turret and 3 minutes for all six. If he's been left alone for that long, you deserve to have a problem.
Second solution: avoid that patch of grass. These turrets don't move.

Sylvio

10-18-2009

i didnt like any of the responses in that poll, i forgot to get the link of the solution to "fix" heimer,
the idea was to allow the turrets to have a 45 degree firing arc, so you can rightfully flank them. that would be the best solution imho.

albatroxx

10-18-2009

Shoot, I forgot that one, that one was great
Too bad you can't edit polls

Klinkin

10-18-2009

My solution (mechanically) is make the cooldown longer for the placing of turrets.

Sylvio

10-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klinkin View Post
My solution (mechanically) is make the cooldown longer for the placing of turrets.
that works too

KingOfTown

10-18-2009

I don't personally think he is OP at all. I just don't think he is a good hero concept for this particular game.

OctopusDropkick

10-18-2009

Guys, you do realize you can put down vision wards to see the turrets even when they're in the grass. Try using them.

Uszi

10-18-2009

Another option: Reduce turret HP.

Or make it so theres like, a set amount of HP that gets spread out among all the turrets.

I.E. one turret has 350 health, two turrets have 175 health, three turrets have 116~117 health.

Klinkin

10-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uszi View Post
Another option: Reduce turret HP.

Or make it so theres like, a set amount of HP that gets spread out among all the turrets.

I.E. one turret has 350 health, two turrets have 175 health, three turrets have 116~117 health.
Makes no sense from an in-game perspective.
But as has been said, just try AoEing the turrets. It's not too hard. Heck, another Hemi can nade them, which not only damages but blinds.