((OOC)) Introduction to the forums

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shandora

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2013

Greetings all!

As a person who loves roleplaying and League of Legends, I finally decided to pitch into this part of Runeterra and give it a go.

I've been lurking on the forums almost daily ever since I discovered them and after long sessions of brainstorming, researching and frantically looking for a pen and paper in the middle of the night, I finally came up with a character to roleplay with - a summoner.

Now, before I launch myself into this, I'd like to test the waters first - I haven't roleplayed on a forum before, so I'm a little bit nervous. I'd appreciate if you could come and say hi, maybe drop off some things I ought to know (like who is who and so on). =D

I'm really bad at introductions, so without further ado, I would like to present my Summoner, Tybresa.

Dear Urgot

02-18-2013

Welcome to the forums, but for future reference, you should have posted on the Character Database Thread. It is stickied to the top of the RP forums

Have fun.

*I shuffle off to my dead thread*

TheShadowOfChaos

02-18-2013

Welcome to the forums, may your journeys be more fortunate than my own....or as epic.

-Phantom ( ಠ_ಠ) and Pinky the pori pori (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

Shandora

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2013

@Dear Urgot: Oh, sorry about that - It's just that I checked it and the last reply was from December and I wasn't sure whether I should revive an old thread and I got confuzzled.
You ought not worry about that dead thread for long, though .... granted if I can find it.

@TheShadowOfChaos: Why thank you! *pats Pinky*

TheShadowOfChaos

02-18-2013

I am just hoping that some good rps pop up for you...or you can have a ball in the Ask threads :P

Dear Urgot

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shandora View Post
@Dear Urgot: Oh, sorry about that - It's just that I checked it and the last reply was from December and I wasn't sure whether I should revive an old thread and I got confuzzled.
You ought not worry about that dead thread for long, though .... granted if I can find it.
It's cool. Most people don't introduce themselves, they just start. Just makes a little clutter to make a thread introducing yourself. It's cool though

It should be on the front page. Bumped it today.

TheOneTrueWaifu

02-18-2013

Welcome to the forums, try not to let some of the people get to you, we're generally a very nice group of people! There are a lot of different places that are great for starting up here. The Ask threads are good, and few open RPs such as The break room.

Regardless of whether you want to do more casual RP or some really nice story driven deep and meaningful stuff, I hope you enjoy your time with us.

Shandora

02-18-2013

@Chaos - already did, feeling giddy as I await an answer.
@Dear Urgot: Contributed, may it be the start of a pleasant roleplaying experience between us!

@Deity: Thank you! I'm looking through some of them as we speak, see how I can smooth myself into some of them. XD
I love stories, I already started writing one myself - twenty pages of a small notebook of mine, and still counting! I'm considering whether to write it over to the fan-fiction section when it's done ...

Edit: I'll be headed to bed now (before you ask, I live in Europe) - looking forward to checking out the forums tomorrow!

1Eredale

02-18-2013

The Ask thread...

Do you want to know what it is?

The Ask thread is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now in this very room. You can see it when you look at the first page; or when you scroll down. You can feel it before you click the forum button…when the page is loading…when you see the first thread starter names. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

What truth?

That you are a player, reader. Like everyone else, you were born into second grade fiction; born into a fantasy pulp novel that does not describe smell or taste or touch. A prison, for your mind. Unfortunately, no one can be told what the Ask thread is. You have to see it for yourself.

This is your last chance. After this there is no turning back. *Opens his left palm* You take the blue pill: The story ends, you start posting with the Ask threads and believe whatever you want to believe. *Opens his right palm* You take the red pill: You stay in Wonderland, and get to see how deep the rabbit hole goes…

But before you take it, remember: all I’m offering is the truth – nothing more.

Dear Urgot

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Eredale View Post
The Ask thread...

Do you want to know what it is?

The Ask thread is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now in this very room. You can see it when you look at the first page; or when you scroll down. You can feel it before you click the forum button…when the page is loading…when you see the first thread starter names. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

What truth?

That you are a player, reader. Like everyone else, you were born into second grade fiction; born into a fantasy pulp novel that does not describe smell or taste or touch. A prison, for your mind. Unfortunately, no one can be told what the Ask thread is. You have to see it for yourself.

This is your last chance. After this there is no turning back. *Opens his left palm* You take the blue pill: The story ends, you start posting with the Ask threads and believe whatever you want to believe. *Opens his right palm* You take the red pill: You stay in Wonderland, and get to see how deep the rabbit hole goes…

But before you take it, remember: all I’m offering is the truth – nothing more.
What if I told you that some people have more than one Ask thread?