getting good with other kinds of champs other than support

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

phataL22

03-06-2012

hello, im still roughly new to this game and it seems like the only champions i can play are supports, whenever i try an ad carry or an ap carry i get tossed so i was wondering if i could get any tips to get better with either or because i sometimes get bored of just playing straight support

til Days of Blue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2012

Start practicing last hit and the timing on engagement, then work on your positioning skill.

GingerBeardMan

03-06-2012

The best way to get better at the game is to do just that play the game. My suggestion to you would be to identify what kind of player you are. Do you like to be aggressive or passive? When you are playing support, do you like to fight for bush control and harass the enemy carry in lane or are you more comfortable hanging back and making sure your carry doesn't get pushed out of the lane?

Once you identify that, then you need to decide what role you want to try and fill. You already know support, so the closest to that role would be a ranged ad since you are already familiar with what the role is suppose to do and what happens in bot lane. Avoiding ganks, csing, harassing etc...

Now, finally, once you have indentified your playstyle and new role you want to learn pick a champion that isn't fotm or frequently banned and only play them. Although this isn't the best way to play, it's the best way to learn. You will get use to this champ and how their kit responds to an average game, but more importantly you will identify champions you struggle against and whalla the learning process begins. You will then try to find out how you can " deal or handle " said specific champion and you rinse and repeat until you feel like no matter what situation you are presented, matchup etc you have a plan and know what to do.

I stream daily and would be glad to answer more of your questions like this @ http://www.twitch.tv/pyrostasis.

Mystletaynn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2012

To be more specific as to what TDKDrwaddy said, in my opinion a good AD Carry to start with is someone like Miss Fortune, a champion who's not really that hard to learn but will get you into the swing of things about AD Carries, and then once you're familiar with her, you can try other more complex champions like Vayne or Kog'maw (If you play him AD, but I'd prefer him AS/AP).

Personally I don't play AD Carries, but when you play a new role, it's easier to start with the beginner-friendly champions for that role instead of the harder champions for people who are already skilled in that role.

cloudskipper

03-06-2012

here is a good tip for you, when u play ad range. get boots and 3 pots. Since you just started playing, it means you will be queued with other new players as well. it doesnt matter if ur support is soraka or sona, get boots. Many newbies mistake the concept of having early duran > boots. if u get ganked it is better for you to get out alive rather than having the extra duran buffs. this is all assuming the support is also fairly new and doesnt know how to properly ward/defend the carry.

in terms of getting better, time ur cs rate. 10/20 mins are good markers. after a few games check to see if u are csing at a consistent rate. if you cant really get the last hit down, consider playing champions like graves and cait that has a burst. (make sure you have all the minions low thus ensuring you not push the wave too much)

i played irelia earlier and timed my cs which was 242 in 26 mins. (win)
thats decent considering i went to mid twice and got 2 kills and roamed after 20 min mark.

AlethiaArete

03-06-2012

I'd suggest you get LoL Replay and look up some games for champs you want to play and examine how other players play. There are also some videos on Youtube you can watch. Also Mobafire has guides, etc.

phataL22

03-07-2012

alright thanks guys ill try all that out, im not exactly "new" just played a lot of bot games im level 16 almost 17 with about 30-40 wins im for sure an aggressive player i mainly play taric and just go in there and tank and let my carry do work.

ikillutwice

03-07-2012

I would not advise AD carries really. Leave them to the smurfs. Going tank, and tanky dps is much easier to learn but still hard to master and very important