Looking for 1-2 players for NESL Tournament.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GrignardTS

03-06-2012

This is not only for the NESL tournament, but also for general play and eventual ranked.

My experience:

1000+ dominion games (closing on 1200 I think)
Jump between 1350-1450 normal Dominion ELO

400 normal SR games, 100 ranked SR games
Jumped between 1250-1400 ranked ELO in S1; Ended Bronze.

I haven't played a game of SR since dominion release.

Team:

Myself: (Orianna (Top or Bottom), Blitzcrank, Ezreal, Alistar, Teemo, Nidalee, Shaco (AD), Vlad (Bottom))
Zeataxx: (Xerath, Vanye, Brand, Rammus, Kassadin, Malzahar (Bottom))
Zegeta: (Wukong, Riven, Fizz, Skarner, Maokai, Leona, Amumu, Eve, Yorick (Top or Bottom), Nasus (Bottom))

We have several others we play with, but not regular enough.

We are looking for a player(s) to fit in our ranks. We don't want a 'pro'. We don't want a 'casual'. Something in between. We are very serious about winning, however we are laid back.

Requirements:

1) Must have played at least 100 Dominion games (if an SR player)

2) Must have one or more strong bottom(s)
'strong' is defined as the feeling of confidence verses everything save for Yorick and hard counters

3) Must play at least 5 champions well
'well' is defined as the feeling of confidence in putting your ELO at risk in ranked by playing them

4) Must have a general knowledge of all champions

5) Must take and give constructive criticism

Preferences:

1) 420 friendly

2) Age in 20s (As we are)

3) Play EST from 5:30pm - 12:00am weekdays, varies on weekends

No application needed, though the more information you give the better.

Either add me in game or post here and I'll add you.

We will play a few games, decide if we like you, and go from there.

As a final note, we care more about team dynamic than how leet (or not leet) of a player you are.

FOODFOOD

03-06-2012

I'd love to, but alas, I just started some Ballroom Dancing classes with the gf (gotta make the girl happy), and I don't get home until around 8:15CST, making me just BARELY late.

Would love to join your team, too, as I fit those requirements.

GrignardTS

03-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOODFOOD View Post
Would love to join your team, too, as I fit those requirements.
I'll add you.

Eventually ranked will come out...right?

FOODFOOD

03-06-2012

Indeed. If anything, it'll be nice to have a team to play with outside of tournaments. My SR team is a group of friends of mine, and they just can't stand Dominion.

I'm hovering in the 1600s elo currently.
I play Kayle bot (and top) pretty effectively, and WW, Ezreal, Kat, WuKong, LeBlanc on top.

vNaK

03-06-2012

I'm down for trying out, if it doesn't work out, I wouldn't mind being a pug for skirmishes and such.

Elo floating around 1650-1700. Played over 500+ games.

I would like to think I'm versatile when it comes to champions. I'm quick at learning new champions. I used to pick a champ that was free every week and just play them during that week and have been successful with most if not all the ones I've tried. Some champs that I played well when they were free and was successful: MF, Swain, Kat, Graves, Jax.

I don't have 5 best champs only 4 that I've been playing regularly. They are: irelia, fizz, rumble, ahri. I used to be great with Kayle, but haven't played her in awhile so a bit rusty with her. I was also good with voli when he was free (recently bought him), so he'll be someone I main too.

My schedule is usually open in the weeknights after 6:00 pm pst. Though, I may not be available at times until later due to work schedule, though this rarely happens.

Staralfur

03-06-2012

ill play~~

top ratings
1750 Dominion
1640 SR

i play counters really well and in SR could play any role pretty easily~ ahri, riven, irelia, talon, fizz,

overall im pretty versatile. I can fill pretty much any need champion wise

Elalya

03-06-2012

GL to you guys! I'd love to see more teams on Monday night NESL.

One suggestion though, if I may...

Quote:
1) Must have played at least 100 Dominion games (if an SR player)
I don't really think that a cap for the number of games played is necessary. I got picked up when I had ~80 games. You should just do tryouts instead, they're a lot more effective in weeding out players you don't want because then you get to see things that go beyond just numbers (how they work with the team, attitude, etc.).

GrignardTS

03-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elalya View Post
GL to you guys! I'd love to see more teams on Monday night NESL.

One suggestion though, if I may...

I don't really think that a cap for the number of games played is necessary. I got picked up when I had ~80 games. You should just do tryouts instead, they're a lot more effective in weeding out players you don't want because then you get to see things that go beyond just numbers (how they work with the team, attitude, etc.).
100 games is a blip in Dominion world. I like even numbers and 50 was too small in my experience.

I'd like to say "Must not be new to Dominion", but I need to put a hard number. Its not like I think all those with less games are incompetent.

I will be playing today around 5:30 EST. So I will be inviting those who reply and playing with them.

Marimokkori

03-07-2012

Added you as a friend. I'm interested. Peak Dominion rating is something over 1600

Mad Suppordle

03-07-2012

Someone appears to have thrown you a random downvote so have an upvote to counter.

I really think we need new dominion teams, and a lot of them. Don't be afraid to form or try out for a team. Have fun and go for it! I'td be amazing if we could get a steady inflow of new teams. We need new players in there to keep the mode growing and evolving, and everyone has a shot at the prizes so don't write yourself off just because you're a new team. Fresh formed teams have been placing in the tournament all the time, and we need more! More I say!