Should Ryze's Ult Be Adjusted

Do not allow Ryze's ult to bounce off of himself 17 40.48%
Have Ryze's ult deal half damage to himself when it bounces off of him 7 16.67%
Do nothing, its fine the way it is 18 42.86%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Adjusting Ryze's Ult

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

albatroxx

10-18-2009

While playing against Ryze I have noticed a problem. Whenever he catches you alone/almost alone/while you are defending a turret until creeps arrive/etc. you die. Ryze uses his ult and because he has stacked AP you take several hundred damage 4 times (once for stun, 3 times for ult). All the while you are stunned. There is no way to avoid this happening.

No other ult in the entire game guarantees an instant kill. This is a good thing. An ult should be powerful, it should not give you an instant win.

With this in mind I propose two possible solutions:

• Change Ryze's ult so that it cannot bounce off of him, forcing it to be used more skillfully and at optimum times.
  • Change Ryze's ult so that when it bouces off of him it deals 50% damage to Ryze
Either of these changes would prevent Ryze from being the ridiculous one stop hero solution that he currently is.

Pigsticker

10-18-2009

First off, Welcome to Beta.

On behalf of the community, we thank you for this new and interesting feedback on Ryze. Were it not for this post, we might not have been aware of this issue, because no one has ever brought up this argument before in the last 3 months. Please continue your diligent testing of the various champions and then immediately post these thoughts on this forum in a separate thread without looking at the 20 or so other threads that say the same thing.

We are currently looking for new and exciting topics about:

- Ashe having too much range or her Ulti being OP
- Yi hitting too hard
- Teemo's mushrooms
- Heimerdinger's turrets ruining the game

Godspeed young summoner.

PS: The solution about Ryze taking half damage from his Ult was GENIUS. That way, when uses his Ult against a tank with over 150 magic resist, he can do more damage to himself with his Ult, then he can to his opponent.

yoshanity

10-18-2009

If/when you get to higher ELO play, you will come to see that Ryze overall is a very weak hero and what I would simply dub a "newb slayer." He's a one hit-wonder who is easily countered not only by items but also by teamwork. He's way too one-dimensional and this nerf would simply make him useless.

KingOfTown

10-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoshanity View Post
If/when you get to higher ELO play, you will come to see that Ryze overall is a very weak hero and what I would simply dub a "newb slayer." He's a one hit-wonder who is easily countered not only by items but also by teamwork. He's way too one-dimensional and this nerf would simply make him useless.
Agree. The only time Ryze gives problems is if your allies feed him, and even then if the rest of the team is strong you just blow him up in a team fight and call it a day.

albatroxx

10-18-2009

Yes, but high ELO play is not the only important thing, low ELO play is important too, and in low ELO play he is extremely unbalancing.

Mercurius

10-18-2009

Quote:
No idea how this got started. Must be something ryzetards spread around.
Basically, the first person solo or in a team fight to get into his range will die immediately and it'll become 5 vs 4, and his rune prison is also a gauranteed kill on a tiny cooldown.

It's just stupid/boring/frustrating/yawn to have a champ that automatically kills you when you walk into his range.

Pick Ryze if you're a new player who has tried every other resource but always falls behind.
You'll do just fine as Ryze.

Mercurius

10-18-2009

Quote:
No idea how this got started. Must be something ryzetards spread around.
Basically, the first person solo or in a team fight to get into his range will die immediately and it'll become 5 vs 4, and his rune prison is also a gauranteed kill on a tiny cooldown.

It's just stupid/boring/frustrating/yawn to have a champ that automatically kills you when you walk into his range.

Pick Ryze if you're a new player who has tried every other resource but always falls behind.
You'll do just fine as Ryze.

protips: most champions have less utility than rune prison brings and do just fine without bull**** insta-gibs. learn to play etc.

Just tried stacking 240 magic resist. Still got 1-shot by ryze's ult. Is it just bugged?
It's either bugged or the people who say to get MR are absolutely ryzetarded.

KingOfTown

10-18-2009

If you let yourself get rune prisoned without the rest of your team or at least some creeps around than you are not playing a high ELO game. Of course there are always exceptions like meeting in the woods or what have you. Then again a banshees veil will pretty much deal with that problem too. So either L2P, buy the item that hard counters him, stack MR or... did I mention L2P?

Mercurius

10-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfTown View Post
If you let yourself get rune prisoned without the rest of your team or at least some creeps around than you are not playing a high ELO game. Of course there are always exceptions like meeting in the woods or what have you. Then again a banshees veil will pretty much deal with that problem too. So either L2P, buy the item that hard counters him, stack MR or... did I mention L2P?
The fact that you mentioned creeps shows you don't know what you're talking about.
obvious observation: Creeps don't lower the damage you take from his ult. It will bounce to a creep and back to you with the creep in place of ryze. This makes it even worse since your creeps are likely closer than ryze is, and this causes the bounce to get even greater distance.

If you think rune prison somehow stops being a disable in a group then you are obviously very low ELO.

If you think his ult bouncing across a whole team is less effective then you don't understand basic math.

Suggesting MR just made me laugh. You're funny bad.

KingOfTown

10-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurius View Post
The fact that you mentioned creeps shows you don't know what you're talking about.
obvious observation: Creeps don't lower the damage you take from his ult. It will bounce to a creep and back to you with the creep in place of ryze. This makes it even worse since your creeps are likely closer than ryze is, and this causes the bounce to get even greater distance.

If you think rune prison somehow stops being a disable in a group then you are obviously very low ELO.

If you think his ult bouncing across a whole team is less effective then you don't understand basic math.

Suggesting MR just made me laugh. You're funny bad.

I don't think you know how to play this game. Also cleanse is an option. Also I never see Ryze in premades. Also L2P.