Quick question about my new champion?!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ethri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2012

I bought Kog'maw last night, finding out hours later that Kog'maw was regrettably free for the coming week. Now everything was going fine and dandy until I was forced by my team to solo mid lane vs Ziggs (even though I said it was a bad idea). After being completely zoned and killed while dodging back and forth behind my turret, the Katarina that made me go mid said I was a noob Kog'maw.

So enough with stories, is it normal for Kog'Maw to preform badly solo mid vs someone like Ziggs? (I read Kog'maw is particularly easy to zone due to his early game).

If not, do you have any suggestions for being stuck in these match ups?

Edit: This is in blind normals. I'm only level 25, and have only played Kog'maw in about 20 games.

DMPuffy

03-06-2012

Play as AD, it's a lot more reliable. Mid Kog'maw can get wrecked easily early game, and since LB is free this week, it's probably a good idea to not go mid as Kog. I'd play Draft if I were you, and only play Kog'maw mid if you know it's a lane you can win. Blind pick you end up with LeBlanc and Kassadin every other game, so it doesn't work out too well.

Ethri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2012

I'm currently playing hybrid because I only have runes for ap casters. Also I apparently don't have enough champions to even play draft mode... Though it is annoying with all the people saying, "Kog is ranged, so he should go mid. I've seen other Kogs play mid just fine." Then there are those awkward games where you end up soloing bottom against Dr. Mundo and Tryndamere.

Thanks for the feedback though, I was just asking for some psychological peace to know that it isn't totally my fault for doing badly against Ziggs at mid.

Sokolniki

03-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethri View Post
I'm currently playing hybrid because I only have runes for ap casters. Also I apparently don't have enough champions to even play draft mode... Though it is annoying with all the people saying, "Kog is ranged, so he should go mid. I've seen other Kogs play mid just fine." Then there are those awkward games where you end up soloing bottom against Dr. Mundo and Tryndamere.

Thanks for the feedback though, I was just asking for some psychological peace to know that it isn't totally my fault for doing badly against Ziggs at mid.
Laning against a Ziggs is a pain for most common solo mids. As Kog'Maw, you only two abilities to counter harass with, you'll be severely disadvantaged for the first 5 levels so he'll likely get his ult before you can which can really lead into a snowballing situation unless you are epic with your Living Artillery hits.

til Days of Blue

03-06-2012

If you are laning against Ziggs, my suggest will be buy boot + 3 pots to start with, dodging his skill shots and try to make it a farm feast

AP kog is much more powerful than Zigg if he can get the blue buff, just make sure that you don't do anything stupid and keep farming, once you hit level 6 you should have no problem poking the zigg back to base everytime he is back.