I'm absolutely terrible with Lee Sin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crunchy

03-06-2012

So I read all the guides and I get the general idea of skill order and builds, but when it comes to an actual game I just can't seem to get it all down. For any pro Lee Sin players, I have a few questions:

While jungling, what order do you use your skills and how do you time them?
During a fight, how do you use each skill and when?
Are level 2 red buff ganks worth it?
Which jungle route is best for most games?

Shaidyn

03-06-2012

Okay, I'm no pro, but I love Lee Sin, so I'll share my experiences.

Jungling, I start with E (for the AoE). For ALL skills when jungling, you want to get two hits between skills, to make use of your passive. What I do is use my ears, not my eyes, and listen for his two auto attack sounds. I pick up E first, then Q, then W, then W again (I like having the extra bit of lifesteal earlier), then go with more Q. So jungle might look like this:

W
Two hits.
W
Two hits.
E
Two hits.
E.
Two hits.

The only time I modify this is when I'm really low health, and need the life steal immediately. I'll double tap W.

For jungling, I try to run in, rather than Q in. Why? Because Q is great if they flash away. If you have any sort of team coordination, you can get a teammate to start the fight, then use W to jump to them, netting you both a shield and an attack speed boost. Hit twice, then hit W again. Hit twice, then hit E. Hit twice. If they haven't used flash or anything at this point, Q, hit twice, Q. They'll be dead around now.

For your ultimate, you really want to use it for three reasons: Pushing someone into your team (away from their tower), pushing someone into your tower (away from their team), or interrupting. You never want to use your ultimate ability if you're not in a good position, because you can easily help them survive if you're not careful. Luckily, Lee Sin has a lot of good ways to get into position. You can kick jump to an enemy in front of them, flash in front, exhaust them and run in front. Or, if you have wriggles (you should), you can put a ward in front of them, jump to the ward, then kick them.

After you kill red, click over to the bottom lane and take a look. There's no point in running over and hiding in a bush for 5 minutes if your team is pushing them to the tower. Also, communicate. Ask your team if they WANT a gank. Ask them for help in setting it up. If it's a no go, don't waste time walking over. See if you can gank mid, or at least make them burn flash.

And for jungle route, I usually do this:

Red
Gank
Golems
Wraiths
Wolves
Blue (just for the xp).

After that, I take whatever's up, and try to gank whenever possible. Also, buy two wards every time you return to base. Wards win games.

S B

03-06-2012

Haven't played Lee Sin in a WHILE but...

What I would do is get one point in each, and max his AOE/Slow. It almost gaurantees a kill when you gank, either from you or your teammate.

Now from there, if you're racking up all the assists, then I would max his shield next, if you're getting fed and starting to carry max his Q next.

I've seen some Lee Sin start with Dorans Blade, and do VERY well, but they usually need a leash.

Hope that helps!

slaya45

03-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaidyn View Post
Okay, I'm no pro, but I love Lee Sin, so I'll share my experiences.

Jungling, I start with E (for the AoE). For ALL skills when jungling, you want to get two hits between skills, to make use of your passive. What I do is use my ears, not my eyes, and listen for his two auto attack sounds. I pick up E first, then Q, then W, then W again (I like having the extra bit of lifesteal earlier), then go with more Q. So jungle might look like this:

W
Two hits.
W
Two hits.
E
Two hits.
E.
Two hits.

The only time I modify this is when I'm really low health, and need the life steal immediately. I'll double tap W.

For jungling, I try to run in, rather than Q in. Why? Because Q is great if they flash away. If you have any sort of team coordination, you can get a teammate to start the fight, then use W to jump to them, netting you both a shield and an attack speed boost. Hit twice, then hit W again. Hit twice, then hit E. Hit twice. If they haven't used flash or anything at this point, Q, hit twice, Q. They'll be dead around now.

For your ultimate, you really want to use it for three reasons: Pushing someone into your team (away from their tower), pushing someone into your tower (away from their team), or interrupting. You never want to use your ultimate ability if you're not in a good position, because you can easily help them survive if you're not careful. Luckily, Lee Sin has a lot of good ways to get into position. You can kick jump to an enemy in front of them, flash in front, exhaust them and run in front. Or, if you have wriggles (you should), you can put a ward in front of them, jump to the ward, then kick them.

After you kill red, click over to the bottom lane and take a look. There's no point in running over and hiding in a bush for 5 minutes if your team is pushing them to the tower. Also, communicate. Ask your team if they WANT a gank. Ask them for help in setting it up. If it's a no go, don't waste time walking over. See if you can gank mid, or at least make them burn flash.

And for jungle route, I usually do this:

Red
Gank
Golems
Wraiths
Wolves
Blue (just for the xp).

After that, I take whatever's up, and try to gank whenever possible. Also, buy two wards every time you return to base. Wards win games.
I feel like this is going to be one of the best answers you will get. The ward, w, and kick seems like a pretty pro idea, but if you are facing lower skilled players a double q and a few steps will do just the same.

I would maybe do W, E, E, unless you are low on health when ganking since you might not need that lifesteal and a slow could help secure a kill. Otherwise this post has all you need and more! +1

Kuniv

03-06-2012

Add me in game, Kuniv. I'll show you how to play him (: I'll be home in a hour

DonkeyBalls

03-06-2012

I played one game with him and was like "GG I'm out." Hardest champ to play IMO. I've played every champ with a 10 rating in difficulty and they were all easier than Lee Sin for me, who is only rated a 9. Sometimes though, his damage output was crazy enough to save me from my lack of skills just by button mashing lol.

Stunnie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2012

GANK ALL THE TIME. That is all. TeeHee.

Cruxae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2012

I've played approximately 200 games with Lee Sin on my main so here's what I do.

Quote:
Are level 2 red buff ganks worth it?
YES! But I usually like to start blue and steal the other teams red, while letting my lane take the our red. I love aggressive counter jungling, and I time everything...

ROUTE:
I start wolves -> Blue -> Wraiths ->Wolves -> Gank a lane -> If I get a kill, then I go back, otherwise farm till you enough gold for boots+madreds.

Skill Order and Timing:
I usually level my skills E>W>Q>Q>Q>R.
You time your skills to use the Flurry passive properly, which is basically a skill then 2 autoattacks and then a skill again.
While jungling you go W>2AA>W>2AA>E>2AA>E>2AA>any skill

Ganks:
Yes, I agree with Shaidyn. When I started playing Lee I would try to land a Q to go in for a gank, but it's possible to miss it no matter how experienced you are. So, you just want to run into an over extended lane and use your E to slow then maybe run in front of them and Dragon's Rage them into your team. If they happen to get away. Land a Q to execute them (remember it does % damage on missing health) or hit Q again to finish them off with Resonating Strike. These ganks usually give my team a kill or burn an ult/summoner spell.