Newish player - tank/support?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

My cat is awesom

03-06-2012

I'm a newish player, looking for a good tank/support to play. I have some friends who are pretty good, and I figure the best way to play with them is to just roll as a support and let them carry, but I like tanky heroes.

Any thoughts on who I should look at playing?
- escape ability is a plus
- heals are a plus
- defensive abilities are a plus

thoughts?

Dwarfling

03-06-2012

Alistar. Not very newbie-friendly tho but that's what you described.

Otherwise... Taric I guess.

Aikimiller

03-06-2012

Tanky support doesn't tend to be a very noob friendly role, unfortunatly. As a tank-support, what you normally do is try to zone the enemy carries a bit, which means you need to be standing forward. If you haven't mastered positioning, and knowing where you're safe and where you're dog meat, chances are you're better off as more of a back line support, like Sona or Soraka.

Taric and Alistar are the obvious choices for what you describe. Blitzcrank and Nautilis are two alternatives without a heal, that are quite hard to play well.

Beefed

03-06-2012

Definately Alistar. He's very "noob friendly" after lvl 6 (imo) as his ult let's you get out of hairy spots. He does take some practice as far as when to headbutt and pulverize, but if you're playing with friends that are are good they should be able to get you in the swing of things pretty quick. He's one of my favorite champs and what you described perfectly. Just stick with him and you won't regret learning him!