Will we get Pulsefire Ezreal?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dirty Foot

03-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
We've mentioned it a few times, but there's lots of threads
The Google-fu of this community is found to be lacking.

HlCKOK45

03-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Foot View Post
The Google-fu of this community is found to be lacking.
Do a search, you will find maybe 1-2 other responses about Pulsefire Ez. Not many responses at all and it took this long to have a response like this that is of any substance.

Dirty Foot

03-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougadoodle View Post
Do a search, you will find maybe 1-2 other responses about Pulsefire Ez. Not many responses at all and it took this long to have a response like this that is of any substance.
I did, and they are everywhere.

It looks like you missed my post just above the one you are quoting.

N8dGR8

03-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8dGR8 View Post
Will it still be the typical legendary price or more? And thanks for the update Morello!
. Bookmark

Lusid

03-06-2012

Quote:
At the start, it was determined Ezreal needs not only a new skin, but something that'd be worth the wait since the last one.
So should we be expecting something really tasty with the lackluster urgot skin coming out? Seeing the actual model is kinda disappointing seeing as he's first or close to it in not getting a skin since his release.I know some of you like it but it really does seem like there was no real idea behind it, just "well urgot has no new skins and the community keeps asking, quick, someone make something, hurry!". Hopefully things like animations, VO changes, or particles make it a little better than it currently looks.

Edit: Saw the urgot skin in game, it's awkward. Nice ult animation and would be nice on all the skins as a default. Unhappy that the sound effect on hitting things with Q is not as noticeable and thus a poorer bush checker. All in all: Will not buy.

Quote:
So, no new info other than "soon(tm)", but I at least wanted to give you some insight as to why we're not releasing it yet. And I think it's the right decision - it's totally worth it.
This sounds like the hype behind dominion. And we all remember how the release of that went. Is it really "totally worth it"?

Jortalus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusid View Post
This sounds like the hype behind dominion. And we all remember how the release of that went. Is it really "totally worth it"?
Yo, Dominion is beast, dawg. Don't talk smack. It was worth it as heck.

UncIe Ruckus

03-06-2012

Wait... You mean it's actually getting even BETTER!?!?

Honestly from the last video I saw of Pulsefire Ezreal, I don't possibly see how it could get any more awesome. It looked 95% done, but I have faith in Riot.

Howar31

03-06-2012

Appreciate for the explaination!
All I want is either the skin released or progress information!

Hope this won't be "soooooon" tooo looooong lol

Quote:
To clarify this, let me dev diary Pulsefire Ezreal for you guys;

At the start, it was determined Ezreal needs not only a new skin, but something that'd be worth the wait since the last one. What we started with was a pretty clean and simple cyborg-inspired Ezreal skin that had a little clean-up to do. We could ship it out, but we wanted to make it better quality.

After improving it, our zealous (in a good way!) particle artist Adam started adding sweet little touches to it, and we just kept seeing more and more potential. Now, after the particle effects were ramped up, the animations needed to match....it kept getting better and better, but as we upped each new element, the art guys kept getting excited on what was coming together and kept pushing it further with new stuff.

Basically, we want to do something really special with Pulsefire Ezreal, but the reality of that is it takes a lot longer. This kind of thing (development time vs scope) happens all the time, but a lot of the reason we don't reveal the information early is because the expectation of it coming out really soon after people find out occurs.

So, no new info other than "soon(tm)", but I at least wanted to give you some insight as to why we're not releasing it yet. And I think it's the right decision - it's totally worth it.

Gekiha

03-06-2012

Quote:
To clarify this, let me dev diary Pulsefire Ezreal for you guys;

At the start, it was determined Ezreal needs not only a new skin, but something that'd be worth the wait since the last one. What we started with was a pretty clean and simple cyborg-inspired Ezreal skin that had a little clean-up to do. We could ship it out, but we wanted to make it better quality.

After improving it, our zealous (in a good way!) particle artist Adam started adding sweet little touches to it, and we just kept seeing more and more potential. Now, after the particle effects were ramped up, the animations needed to match....it kept getting better and better, but as we upped each new element, the art guys kept getting excited on what was coming together and kept pushing it further with new stuff.

Basically, we want to do something really special with Pulsefire Ezreal, but the reality of that is it takes a lot longer. This kind of thing (development time vs scope) happens all the time, but a lot of the reason we don't reveal the information early is because the expectation of it coming out really soon after people find out occurs.

Will you buff ezreal when you ship this skin out?

Haestro

03-06-2012

"Scouter, what does it say about their power level"

OH LAWD Riot, you just made me want to buy both Battlecast Urgot AND Pulsefire Ezreal.