Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

WHAT WE CAN TEST on PBE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SPEKTR1986

03-05-2012

Games will be available only in Custom game, IP reward same as in CO-OP mode. Can be played on any map.
game mode goals are the same: TF or SR - destroy nexus, Dominion - push opponents to 0

This is just a fun modes!

Quote:
REFLECTION (special case of custom mode)!

EACH PLAYER CAN CHOOSE ANY CHAMPION! EVEN THAT, WHO WAS PICKED!
SAME FOR OTHER TEAM!

It will give more flexibility to mode!
Can be done combinations: 1+4 and 2+3 or 2+1+2
(eg 4 Garen + 1 Teemo, 3 Trydamere + 2 Ashe)

Quote:
MIRROR MODE (special case of REFLECTION mode)!:

Double Mirror (all champions in 1 team are identical, same for opposite team) and Single Mirror (all champions are the same) game!

Host decides what champion will be mirror in Single MIRROR mode (or Top Players at Double Mirror mode), can pick only from free rotation champions!
(want to see 10 Ashe, Ez, Lux, Kart ults; Twitch, Eve - hide-and-seek)
or
(5 SOROKA vs 5 OLAF - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxs3VUtYyvU, time 2.50)

Quote:
REVERSIFICATION

a) one team picks for another
b) you pick for your self, then teams' champions will be changed

Quote:
Additional game option: disable 1 or/and 2 line(s) activity
(on TF or SR)

Quote:
NEW OLD MAP
open training map (where we play as Ashe, there also Yi and Nunu+Willamp), so we could play 5x5 3x3 all mid (random or other)

RIOT doesn't need to make new champs or maps, just code modification!
And at least people would stop raging on RIOT about new champs and maps!

Same things happened after RIOT released SPECTATOR MODE - this gave RIOT some "CALM" time!

additional modes from other players:
Sgt Karil II: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1479850
Wolfdogg: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=93015
YijuWarp: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=21723811&posted=1#post21723811

Quote:
ECHO WARD - Shows enemy (even stealthed) on mini map without revealing area on a map

Players will see moving black circle(s) with red center (or any other noticeable mark - e.g. pinging small dot)

If unit is moving in a bush and in ward zone - also will be detected
doesn't detect hidden objects (wards, turrets, box, ...), neutral creeps or static units (static enemy champions)

Important: ward never shows what kind of unit and never reveal it; Ward only shows it's current moving position (on mini map)

Role: New ward type
PRO: cheap; longer working range than sight ward; detects stealth champions; detects champions in the bush without being placed there;
CON: can't detect static units (even if attacking) or neutral creeps (even if moving); doesn't reveal area; doesn't reveal what kind of enemy unit

Characteristics:
3 HP
cost: 60g
range; 1200
last: 3 min

ECHO WARD can be detected buy vision ward or oracle elixir
Can be affected by SCOUT mastery

The most easiest way: IMAGINE SONAR (also known as ECHO-LOT or HYDRO-LOCATOR) pictures!

HERE SOME RANDOM FROM INTERNET:

design-allnn.ru/uploads/posts/2010-06/8e3xd5w6go.jpg

http://i.istockimg.com/file_thumbview_approve/3279857/2/stock-illustration-3279857-radar-sonar-detect-locate-scan-monitor.jpg

SPEKTR1986

03-06-2012

I don't think down-voting just because you can is cool!

Inlustre

03-06-2012

There are so many issues with this. I don't think you were thinking "Balance" when you came up with these ideas. Big example: Reflection, all members of one team being same champ vs another team of the same champion... I'm sure if you think about it real hard you will realize what is wrong with it unless you have absolutely no knowledge of balance.

ImagoDeo

03-06-2012

Quote:
Inlustre:
There are so many issues with this. I don't think you were thinking "Balance" when you came up with these ideas. Big example: Reflection, all members of one team being same champ vs another team of the same champion... I'm sure if you think about it real hard you will realize what is wrong with it unless you have absolutely no knowledge of balance.

That's not about balance. I'm fine with the custom game changes; they've been suggested elsewhere, too. The item suggestions are why I downvoted. Totally ridiculous.

DrChubs

03-06-2012

these ideas will never come to PBE. there is really no point to these items. Like the ward would be very op unless it's like a 5 second thing. And what's the objective of the 2 games you quoted? there is really no way to win so are you suggesting a game that goes on forever? next time please be descriptive with your items and games. Also, tell how you win, and objectives to get to victory

SPEKTR1986

03-06-2012

Quote:
DrChubs:
these ideas will never come to PBE. there is really no point to these items. Like the ward would be very op unless it's like a 5 second thing. And what's the objective of the 2 games you quoted? there is really no way to win so are you suggesting a game that goes on forever? next time please be descriptive with your items and games. Also, tell how you win, and objectives to get to victory

I was suggesting possible new game modes and 1 existing map: without new map or champion creation - game recoding
And I don't think it is possible to play 1 match endlessly - unless it is done intentionally

game goals are the same: TF or SR - destroy nexus, Dominion - push opponents to 0 (will add to description)

TRANS item prob right - I remove it

your suggestion: Ward, 60g for 5 sec?
about new ward
PRO: cheap; longer working range than sight ward; detects stealth champions; detects champions in the bush without being placed there;
CON: can't detect static units (even if attacking) or neutral creeps (even if moving); doesn't reveal area; doesn't reveal what kind of enemy unit

and THX fro healthy criticism!