My Garen build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Matt2234

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-05-2012

So since Garen was free to play this week, I have been trying him out and I tried to build him full tank and it was useless and I went for an AD route similar to what you would fine on mobafire.

Now, this is what I have done the past few games, what do you think?

Dorans Blade > Ionian boots > Warmogs > Atmas > Force of Nature > Infinity Edge

Give me your suggestions.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-05-2012

Go on solomid.net, avoid mobafire

Drop cooldown boot if you can, exchange for mercury tread or ninja tabi depend on enemy.

Matt2234

03-05-2012

You don't think the CDR is worth it? How about the rest of my build?

ExecutionerKen

03-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2234 View Post
You don't think the CDR is worth it? How about the rest of my build?
The rest of the build look legit, although personally I will not even consider buying doran blade, but there had been players who buy 2 and up to 3 doran before they start their core build.

From my opinion, atmorg Garen decrease his early game output, so I go a little more aggressive and go with brutalizer, then giant belt and straight to atma for good early and mid game damage, then finally transition it into a warmog to make it becomes atmorg.

But then, once again, it is just personal opinion, your build is on the right track.

Matt2234

03-05-2012

So do you start with boots and hp pots?

Also, what do you end up doing with brut? selling it or going youmuu?

FatTurtle

03-05-2012

mallet is core

AegisStrife

03-06-2012

try a runepage with more armor pen (it works wonders) probably red and quints.

open with a mind of countering top , most likely it would be cloth + 5pots (most tops being mostly AD chars) if not start with boots + 3pots.doran blade usually dont work out that much. (with pots + passive you can heal quite alot)

Q E E W E R . always Q when he comes in for last hits, probably use E only after lvl 3. key thing to note is to use W ONLY when the enemy is trading you hits, as it only last abt 2s (i see many garens just Q , SPIN , W , even when no one is atking him)

go for brutalizer first! with it early . you will dominate your lane and hurt like hell. with the armorpen and ADs.

thats why you can pick some other boots than ionian ,
(merc or tabi or <<swift ONLY if you feel super OP that can 1 combo finish the enemy off >>)

whatever you build next is based on how the game is going , i usually go for atmogs. but in cases where im stomping ill go bf sword with a HoG. by this time your spin will be dealing hell lot of dmg. you can probably Q E someone and W and tank a few hits from turrets to use R.

the main point is ALWAYS brutalizer before any tankish items, u can be tanky as hell at the start but no dmg = useless = no one bothers to aim a tankish coconut that has no cc and do minimum amt of dmg.. with dmg pple fear you . and wanna aim you . and have to burst down ur pile of health to get to you helping you win the game overall