this game/elo is all luck, solo q is a joke

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlackJesus101

03-06-2012

agree i can work with my team but if they dont listen to me they are over aggressive or just troll/feeding then i can do much about it since they usually dont listen to advice anyway and rage at u for "losing ur lane" after they fed ur opponent in lane 2 kills b4 the creeps even spawned (they went on a 2 man invade vs an insanely strong lvl 1 team ignoring the rest of us) hell i have been reported for asking my mid lane to back because both top and bot were mia and he was pushed right up to tower as well as by his premade buddy (who was jungling) they apparently considered this abuse
"annie they are all mia plz back for a minute"
"cmon annie they are going to gank u if u stay there just go and buy then come back to lane"
annie tower dives opponent then dies to top lane xin giving him another kill (he is now 3 in 5 mins) and a blue buff
"OMFG wtf was that **** stop raging at me and come help its gg solo top nasus ****ing lost his lane how does that even happen"
to all "report nasus for feeding"
long story short we lost........ badly u cant carry these people who **** over other peoples lanes as well as their own and then refuse to listen to the team

Little Boy Nate

03-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinnlol View Post
Feeding should be bannable in ranked, and you should be able to boot people from champion select screen who are AFK/trolling ALREADY. whoever gets the better team/least AFK's win.

elo =/= skill.....at all
No kidding.

NRNL RiceCakes

03-06-2012

I agree with Rinn. If your carrying your team and right in mid game they start to feed other team there is no stopping you from losing. You can be 21-5 or whatever and still end up losing with team members going 0-10-5 or 2-8 or 5-12. How can you carry 4 other members with more deaths than kills and I mean more deaths. Solo Q is a joke it really is because it's practically luck that you don't get a troll or a afk. One game you can a decent team and win and the next 5 games you can complete trolls and go on a big losing streak. Now how is that fair if you do fairly well and the rest of your team is completely horrible for 5 games straight. All I'm saying is Riot should look into this matchmaking system and on a side note make a new server for South America and Asia because of language barriers

Gloriosum

03-06-2012

I used to believe ELO hell was made up by a bunch of whiners, thinking that numbers and 'logic' and what not disproved it's existence... That was before I became 650 ELO, the moment that I finally got the point? When I duo qued with my 1400 ELO friend with other 1400 ELO players... and went 9/3/6 and carried my team.

IlIlIIIlllIIIIll

03-06-2012

Op is complaining about every team based online game ever. If you play pub matches it is a roll of the dice to see who gets the better players.
That said it does even out over a long period if games.

Monolif

03-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoheadxx View Post
Op is complaining about every team based online game ever. If you play pub matches it is a roll of the dice to see who gets the better players.
That said it does even out over a long period if games.
The thing about this, is that in league of legends... the skill discrepancy between good and bad players is tremendous. Unlike in a team online game like, let's say Call of Duty... where even people that are bad will still end up getting a handful of lucky kills. Not to mention that in many other online games, your character doesn't scale with kills during the actual match. This makes it even more difficult for you to do well in League of Legends if you have bad players on your team than in a game like COD, because even if one scrub on your team is getting stomped it's not like the other team is becoming more and more strong because of it (even in games where there is scaling, it's almost never as ridiculous as the scaling per match in league is).

On a more general note, the problem with the whole argument "get a fives team" is that any good player is going to look at someone's solo/duo elo when looking for other good players.. so, unless you want to be on a 5's team with scrubs... you're almost forced to have at least a decent ELO (or play an excruciating amount of games to find 4 other players that are skilled, play often, like each other, and work well together). The ELO rating system was created for 1v1 match ups, not for team-based competitions.

League is a great game, but honestly I do believe that the ranking system needs to be reworked. You can go 21-0-22, your team feed, and you still lose ranking because of it (obviously, something that ridiculous would only happen in extreme cases, but still, a ranking system that allows for that at all is unarguably flawed). Honestly, I believe the ranking system should be revamped in a way similar to Halo's, where individual stats *and* team co-operation are both tied into how one ranks up (for example, in Halo 3, you could go positive, lose the game, but still not lose rank... or even gain rank in rare cases).

It's extremely frustrating joining games, having people that have no idea what they're doing try to act like they know everything, and dragging down diamonds in the mud. I wouldn't say that everyone who complains about Elo Hell is legitimately skilled at the game, but it really is discouraging to be matched with unskilled players just because of a faulty matchmaking system...

If the complaint is "so common", it must hold some form of validity...

This isn't to say that I'm someone who sees themselves as a god of league. I tend to play a game or two a day...but I stay away from ranked, because almost every time I play ranked I feel like it's based on nothing but if you got lucky with what team you were placed on.

If you're going to have a game that has "ranked play" and is trying to make a name for itself in competitive gaming, I do feel that the matchmaking system should be more sturdy in its foundation. Notice that no other game in the MLG circuit uses ELO as their ranking system... I don't believe that's just coincidence. Hell, Blizzard even used to use ELO but shied away from it a couple years ago.

tl;dr Elo is great for 1v1 games... not so much for team-based ones. Riot has an awesome game, but they should seriously reconsider how they rank their players...

Monolif

03-06-2012

Sorry for the long post... just food for thought.

AutoSys

03-07-2012

Make friends.
Queue with friends.
Queue with atleast one other person.
Use skype/vent/teamspeak.
Practice roles and teams fights with friends.
Rise in Elo with friends.
You will improve your game when you play with people other than randoms.

Hydraling

03-07-2012

Yea i do agree you should play with friends but I mean what about the people like me who like to just play one or two games a day and don't have anyone else to play with at the moment. For me I like going solo cause I can just hurry up and get a game out of the way and just be finished and have fun. Not all players have friends who play the same time or play the same game. So again I think it is a bit unfair for those of us solo players who like to just play a quick match by themselves get punished or in a way get unlucky to get a player who decides to troll or bring down a team. The matchmaking system should be fixed or looked at in some way because I feel us solo players are being screwed over in a sense because we get randomly matched up with either a superb team or a troll who brings the game down by himself/herself. This game has more recently turned into a team essential type of deal and less of a play by yourself and yet still have a average team. Basically all im saying is if you don't have a premade team then you are gambling with either a mediocre team you can work with or a team who feeds and decides to report you for no good reason

1un3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2012

honestly 900 elo is a joke.. the skill of players at that elo is absolutely horrible so you should be able to win more than 50% and ur elo will go up... and once you get past like 1400 you will very rarely get an afker or absolute **** player but sometimes you still will get drunkasses or whatever who feed real bad... but it happens to both teams so as long as you play better than the ppl at that elo you should win? try going solo mid and pwning their mid i cant believe that you are unlucky every single game i mean both teams have the same chance of having feeders and if you are better than that elo you will be able to make the diff