veigar question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sforces

03-05-2012

current veig build:

DFG
Sorcerer shoes
Rabadons
Void Staff
Zhonyas
Rabadons

My question:

He is very mana hungry early game, should i get goddess tear first then sell it late game for rabadons if the match goes on that long

killraven

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-05-2012

Hey man, what I do on viegar is first take mana regen/level yellow runes and optimally Doran's ring first (if you are against someone who wont harass you ie. Morgana -otherwise boots and pots).

My build looks like this -

Doran's ring
Doran's ring
Sorc shoes
Cap
Dfg
Void staff

Game should be over by then. Mana problems solved by yellow runes and double doran's.

Folly Inc

03-05-2012

I never build two of any item with unique passives. Veigar would benefit more from the mana utility of a AAS, the slow of a Rylias, or even the CDR and mana regen of a Morello's.

Topping those three is a survivability Item. Rylias would still be a good choice, but a magic resist debuff like Abyssal Scepter would be helpful too.

My veigar core builds often look like

DFG, Ionian boots, Rabadons, voidstaff

or

Morello's, Sorc Shoes, Abyssal, Rylais.

I take the first example if I'm facing a tankier mid, the second if I'm playing against a squish. The fifth and sixth Items will be resistances or extra damage depending on how the game is going. They're really situation items.

Some common fifth items are Guardian Angel and Zhonya's Hourglass. Guardians is better against the tankier teams, while Zhonya's works really well for the AoE/Burst teams.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-05-2012

***My build is assuming that you can get blue buff***

Boot + 3 pots
Kage/ Flexish codex
Soc boot
DFG
Deathcap
Voidstaff/ Banshee/ Rylai (depend on whether you are owning or just a even game or even losing)
GA/ RoA/ Zhonya

Chingmeister

03-05-2012

I start with health crystal and red pot, and build catalyst early, couple dorans rings, RoA, and DFG.

Trendency

03-06-2012

First off you need to take a look at your masteries. Go 21/0/9, speccing into mana and mana regen in your utility tree. And Clarity....yes i said it, clarity. Why? Well the worst thing about veigat is his early game and laning phase. As you said his mana is the Only thing stumping him from being a complete powerhouse as far as ap champs go. The only other thing which can cause you some trouble other then mana is is survivability. Hes Crazy squishy. Although lvl 1-6 you should be 99% focused on last hitting minions and and dodging enemy attacks. So back to clarity. Yes its useless late game but what else is there ignite? Teleport? Why veigar should be able to one shot combo most vhamps late game so ignite late game is super useless plus the amount of mana gained from clarity in lane not only restores enough mana to allow you to put together a few combos that easily can double the damage output of ignite + five you a few more q's that return more gold and add more permanent ap. The greatest thing about clarity is the kiting ability u can have with it. Poke you enemy within the health range uou feel comfortable u can can finish them off with one full combo. Leave urself manaless and low enough on health that they would risk jumping on you since they can see your useless kow with no mana. Then when they do pop clarity stun dfg w q r and laugh as they didnt see that coming. Boots three pots and clarity should easily sustain ur early game from 1-6 without having to back while last hitting freely and giving u enough harrass to more then likey send most ap mids back.

Sforces

03-06-2012

yeah i agree and i used to have clarity but after so many teammates complaining that i should go flash -> heal with veigar due to his squishyness i caved and just bought it.

Might try clarity again though I know that when i had it before it did a pretty decent job

defleppardruelz

03-06-2012

i like to go boots pots -> dorans -> tear -> DFG/sorc shoes -> rabadons/rylais/zhonyas/AAS. you won't go oom with his passive, a dorans and a tear.

TheRealDunbar

03-06-2012

Rush dfg after boots gives him a second ult

ikillutwice

03-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by killraven View Post
Hey man, what I do on viegar is first take mana regen/level yellow runes and optimally Doran's ring first (if you are against someone who wont harass you ie. Morgana -otherwise boots and pots).

My build looks like this -

Doran's ring
Doran's ring
Sorc shoes
Cap
Dfg
Void staff

Game should be over by then. Mana problems solved by yellow runes and double doran's.
interesting this is exactly what I do too but I use high ap runes XD

btw cd reduction boots are pretty nice if your good at landing ur W without the stun.

If ur versing a really mean early game caster like maybe LB Ryze (not early game but no ap will be a pain) galio you can try going chalice of harmony the MR is nice