The Wandering Mid Strategy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

C45PO

03-05-2012

I've seen this joke of a strategy in low elo for I don't know how many times. It happens when both top and bot lose or destroy a turret and more champs load up into mid. There they wander around poking at the other champs who hide under the mid turret hoping to get a good shot in. Of course, this never works and you lose mid as well as the creeps bot and top. I'm not sure why top and bot are abandoned once they successfully get a tower, but it happens all the time. Loading up mid and wandering around never works. Maybe if the team is supremely overpowered, but even then, they are fighting at a disadvantage under a turret.

The better thing to do once you destroy a tower is to keep going to try to get the second turret. Lately I've been trying to solo a lane to get it once the wandering mid strategy starts, hoping my team will keep them busy long enough for me to get the tower. Sometimes it works, most often not because they send 2 or 3 to kill me.

Can anybody explain the reasoning behind the loading mid method or wandering around trying to win mid?

TehJackAttack

03-05-2012

I find that once the first towers have been destroyed, it becomes much riskier to push down the lane. As you said, it's much easier for them to come gank you at the inner turret than it is on the river turret.

The ideal method (from my experience) is to break all 3 outer towers before pushing too far on the inner turrets. Of course there will always be situational exceptions. The closer you are to their base, the quicker they can come to gank you.

Also-- the middle lane is a bit shorter than the top or bottom lanes. Breaking the middle inhibitor is a minor advantage compared to breaking the others, as your super minions have a better chance of holding up entire minion waves (leaving you free to crush their remaining towers)

Folly Inc

03-05-2012

Downvoted by accident, please disregard.

And yes, people should stop doing this. You screw yourself and your team by pushing into team fights so early that you can't tower dive at all.

In regards to this strategy I always abandon mid, if that was the lane I playing in. I'm at the very least ensuring the exp doesn't get split an extra percentage and I'm ensuring that I get myself creep from wherever I can.

Lutzj

03-05-2012

Pursuing the second tower in a standard solo/duo lane comp is a great way to get ganked over and over. By the mid-game you want to be fighting as a team for control of mid lane, dragon, and the jungle.