Akali + Spell Vamp + Smite = 1.5k heal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Famic0m

06-19-2011

I just played a game against an Akali who was stacking hextech gunblades and when she would smite a minion she would instantly gain all her life back. I don't think this is right. It is a clear exploit of the game mechanics. She was practically unkillable!

Khalahn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-19-2011

Working as intended. And considering Smite's cooldown, you could just get her to use it, then stun and nuke...

Azriel

06-19-2011

Someone made a thread about akali getting mass heals w/spellvamp and smiting minions and it got this response from Riot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Looking at this video, this doesn't seem to be a bug.

From what I can tell, Akali has a ton of Spell Vamp from gunblade and her own innate (which gives her more spell vamp the more AD she has.) As Smite is a targetted spell, and has 100% benefit from Spell Vamp, Akali was spell vamping somewhere close to 30 or 40% of her single target burst spells per spell.
I know it is not the exact build you are referring to but, it seems they are aware of the affects of combining spellvamp/smite on her.

Famic0m

06-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalahn View Post
Working as intended. And considering Smite's cooldown, you could just get her to use it, then stun and nuke...
Yeah, we were stunning then nuking her but I think you can still use smite while being stunned which gave her most of her life while tanking her full life. This combination is stronger then summoner spell heal which I don't think riot ever intended.

Khalahn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnghtRyn View Post
Yeah, we were stunning then nuking her but I think you can still use smite while being stunned which gave her most of her life while tanking her full life. This combination is stronger then summoner spell heal which I don't think riot ever intended.
Nonono, you save your stuns for AFTER she uses Smite, unless you have somebody with Suppression on your team. A Malzahar will hard-counter this build because she can't use Smite while suppressed. Also, fighting her away from minions makes Smite pretty much useless.

BlobPower

06-19-2011

And i thought the spell vamp from the hextech's doesn't stack anymore...

AntiTcb

06-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlobPower View Post
And i thought the spell vamp from the hextech's doesn't stack anymore...
They no longer stack on Hextech Revolvers. Hextech Gunblades weren't touched.

And everything is working as intended. Spell Vamp is 100% intended to work from True Damage.

DarkSouJah

06-20-2011

sadly i'd have to agree with AntiTcb, spellvamp is also intended to work with Summoner spells as well, so yeah - igniting someone would heal her too.