How to play Cassiopeia well?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

faeriececil

03-04-2012

Recently i just bought Cass.
i found her interesting to play. she is a lil bit ugly btw

back to what i want to say~~~~
How to play cass well? Pls don't say that I gotta land my q correctly.

are there any tips for placing q? and any tips for playing Cassiopeia?

I REALLY want to master this Cassiopeia. Her aoe stun and burst potential are so **** good in team fight. Btw, I main Anivia too so are there any similarity between them? in addition, i found that last hit with Cassiopeia is wayyyyyy better than Anivia's.

Hoptastic

03-05-2012

When in lane cast your Q a bit behind you enemy if they're in the habit of moving back just in time, other than that the only way to better land em is read their minds.

Also don't bother putting more than 1 point in your W until you absolutely have to. 95% of your dmg comes from Q and E.

As far as similarities between her and Anivia the only one i can think of is try to aim your Ult the same way you do Anivia's ult, the cone on hers is about the same area as Anivia's circle, just a different shape.

faeriececil

03-05-2012

thx~~~~

bump for more suggestion~~~~~

killerb0y

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-05-2012

Anivia's E and Cass's E are similar in that you want to make sure to land Q or W (in Cass's case) or Q or R (in Anivia's case) before you use it. If you cast Cass's E before they're poisoned, you lose a Lot of dps.

Try to save ult for when the enemy team engages on you, i.e. when they're rushing at your team, so you can ensure to hit the stun portion of the ult.

Try to take note of when the enemy champion walks forwards to last hit - usually they will have to stand still for a moment to autoattack a creep, and you can land your Q in that instant.

BendyBread

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-05-2012

Land your Q correctly. I know you said don't say it, but Cass's Q is all her damage. It allows her to follow up with her E, it is her safest/quickest/best harass in lane and in a team fight and it has an amazingly short cooldown.

As far as Q goes. Aim to where they're going. Cast it as if you know where they're going, don't aim it where they might not be in the next second. Also learn to cast it close to yourself, because I can't count the amount of times I've hit good Q's from afar, but failed to hit a proper one close up when theyre running at me.

For her ult, don't use it too late. The slow is pretty heavy, but you want to make sure you get the damage and that useful stun to get a guaranteed Q+E+E+Q off in the time period. It should almost always guarantee a kill in lane. Don't harass them to 1/3 HP then use it as they run. Instead use it when they're 1/2HP if not more since you'll get the damage burst and the stun, though you'll need to be somewhat unpredictable about it otherwise they'll guess exactly what you're doing.

cpandarun

03-05-2012

You have to be aggressive in lane. You have to learn to harass with your q and last hit at the same time. As Cass even if you can't kill the other mid you should be able to make them back so you can gank a lane. Waiting in the grass Cass is very strong.

You need blue to really start harassing and zoning hard and to gank so get as many blues as you can (including the enemies) With blue you can clear creeps very hard and constantly harass.

Also it's really easy to steal enemy wraiths. Drop W for vision or just Q in the middle of them then E the big wraith and if you have some AP they should be dead. In fact if your jungler is on the other side of the map clear your own wraiths to because you want to get fed. Cass is strong at all points in the game so farm hard gank hard win your lane.

And as always buy wards because if you're a good cass you will get ganked and if you see them coming you can just ult them and get a kill.

And can I just suggest buying Will of the Ancients before even a Needlessly Large Rod can make Cass scary especially if teamfights are starting.

SaywordQ69

03-05-2012

Ive been playing cass for a while and honestly haven't found a hard hard counter to her in lane obviously kennens a **** and so is viktor but they will always b ****s lol. Everyone is pretty much manageable if played right though. When ur enemy goes to last hit auto their minions u hit them with a q. If u get the timing on this right u will honestly never lose lane. After lvl 3 q I believe 2 q's farm the back lane..... Broken I know cuz it cost u no mana. If u find u just cant land a q u can start lvling e for supa harass just be weary its gonna cost u like 3x the mana. Shes also sick for roaming with u just shove ur lane go through enemy tri even if they c u coming q a minion get the ms buff and with that ur slow and ur ult won't really matter. Last thing I c a lot of cass's do is try to man people up.... Remember ur anti bruiser ur kit is perfect for kiting u have a slow ms buff and stun if u land it right try to avoid toeing up people if u don't have to. If u learn to kite u will die 10x less... An even cass is a bad cass. Think of her as a caster yorick if u play him... Helped me out a lot thinking about it like that idk why... There kits are pretty much identical.... Hope I helped

cpandarun

03-05-2012

^^ Your q buff only procs off of champions not minions. Don't use E to harass cause then they will punish you when you go oom or punish you when they know that all you can do is q (which apparently you have been missing) and your w which they can run out of. Or you'll have to back for mana while they farm and gank other lanes. You have to learn to manage your mana and you have to land your qs. If you can't land your q then just keep practicing get blue push your lane and gank.

faeriececil

03-05-2012

great posts~~~~~~~~~
keep bumping for more suggestions~~~~

faeriececil

03-05-2012

bump~~~~~