How to fix Heimerdinger

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ninjajakem

10-18-2009

Okay so I have seen a lot of threads says "remove him/nerf him" etc, but no answers for a solution. So here is my idea, which I think is pretty damn good.

How to fix him:
1. Change his ult from turret upgrade to turret pickup. This allows Heimer to pickup a turret to move it to another location. As it upgrades, he gets faster while carrying turrets and also the turrets get increased damage while picked up, but he slows down to normal speed (or slower) while carrying a turret that is attacking.
2. Change the evolution turrets to upgrade to the other turret types over time or per X number of shots (or a combo of both). This encourages heimer to keep his turrets alive longer and goes well with the new ult.

Those are the main changes, obviously his rockets have no viability mid game or later (but maybe this is intended) and the grenade should probably be faster but less damage.

What do you guys think?

Kelt

Recruiter

10-18-2009

this fix nothing, the problem with heimd is not with hes ulti but with turrets power/survivability/quantity alot of bugged skills against them like Rupture or singed throw doesnt work at all etc.

DarkNataku

10-18-2009

The only fix they turrets need is to provide gold and XP for killing them that scales based on the turrets' levels, and either an MR reduction or health reduction.

Since turrets are essentially extra minions, they should give the same rewards for killing them.

nekitamo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

10-18-2009

Make the turrets firing arc directional to a 45 degree angle. That way we can flank them.

Daikaze

10-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekitamo View Post
Make the turrets firing arc directional to a 45 degree angle. That way we can flank them.
I like that idea! Make Heimerdinger choose the facing of his turrets and restrict their firing arc so that they can be flanked.

Danulas

10-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekitamo View Post
That is a brilliant idea, sir.

tehmonk

10-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjajakem View Post
Okay so I have seen a lot of threads says "remove him/nerf him" etc, but no answers for a solution. So here is my idea, which I think is pretty damn good.

How to fix him:
1. Change his ult from turret upgrade to turret pickup. This allows Heimer to pickup a turret to move it to another location. As it upgrades, he gets faster while carrying turrets and also the turrets get increased damage while picked up, but he slows down to normal speed (or slower) while carrying a turret that is attacking.
2. Change the evolution turrets to upgrade to the other turret types over time or per X number of shots (or a combo of both). This encourages heimer to keep his turrets alive longer and goes well with the new ult.

Those are the main changes, obviously his rockets have no viability mid game or later (but maybe this is intended) and the grenade should probably be faster but less damage.

What do you guys think?
neither of your "fixes" addresses the problem that the turrets are seen as "too survivable" and makes games last too long, an opinion with which i personally disagree.

your turret pickup idea is moot since heimerdinger's turrets are limited to 6 and remove an existing turret when casting if 6 are available. the only circumstance in which i believe this might be effective would be if heimer would be unable to plant turrets when he reached the max, but that's a broken idea since it severely limits his mobility and effectiveness. the second idea just addresses a buff to what the turrets already do (upgrades dmg and armor per 7 shots) but basically removes his ult and tacks it on top of that property of turrets.

I do however like the idea of making turrets have directional fire, although 45% is pretty damn narrow, it's smaller than the cone of cho'gath's scream. somewhere around 180 degrees makes a bit more sense because you could still flank them and they would still be effective at covering a large area, which they are obviously meant to do. thumbs up for directional fire.

ninjajakem

10-18-2009

If you go to directional fire, 180 would probably be the widest and 90 would probably be the narrowest you would want in terms of degrees. I like this idea as well.

Tribalsoul

10-18-2009

How about adding a radius to a turret in which it's not possible to build another turret?

Klinkin

10-18-2009

Here's a simple idea: make the cooldown on placing a turret longer (somewhere in the area of a minute, maybe?).