Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Anyone else feel like we see too much soraka?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rectal Necrosis

Recruiter

03-04-2012

I've never really hated soraka until I started playing ranked.... now all I see is her. If I don't ban her, she shows up. It's just ridiculous. I get that she's one of the best supports in the game (if yer going for health, in utility we have floating clock-man and storm), but does anyone else feel like she wins bottom lane too easily?

Fluffy1

03-04-2012

while her heals dont look all that strong on paper people have to remember she gives a decent MR aura for a passive and a strong Armour buff making her and her carry take very little damage in lane which is why that allready strong heal is pretty rediculious. toss in the fact her nuke/CC cost no mana and its one hell of an annoying lane.

ExecutionerK

03-04-2012

she has the highest appear rate in ranked, but it is pretty easy to destroy a soraka with any comp before level 4.

even after that, at most she can make is making the lane a farm feast, it is pretty easy to win a lane like that.

Chingmeister

03-05-2012

There are only 3 viable supports for ranked. Sona, Soraka, and Janna. So you should see 2 out of 3 of them every "tryhard" game.

What's hilarious is to ban all 3 of them and then watch the weaker players crumble at not knowing how to play without a crutch.

FaerellG

03-05-2012

really? Taric isn't viable? Nor alistair?

Warrrrax

03-05-2012

In any case, we can agree that there are very few viable support champs, relative to the number of viable "everything else" champs. We might argue over tiers of junglers, but in any case there are tons of them.

Not so with support. Sona,Soroka are the most used. Then Taric and Alistar and Janna seem to fall second.
Ill occasionally see a Blitzcrank or Lux or that tank chick bottom. That's really about it though.

So yeah, Soroka is overplayed not because she is OP but out of necessity. Shes what everyone thinks of as "support" and has an excellent support kit.

acosn

03-05-2012

Quote:
FaerellG:
really? Taric isn't viable? Nor alistair?

Taric and Alistar aren't supports past the lane phase, they're tanks.

And soraka is as common as she is because she's the least expensive, or at least was before Alistar went free, support in the game. And she has a relatively simple difficulty curve- even a bad player can keep her functional by just spamming heals and infuse.

Chingmeister

03-05-2012

Taric and Alistar aren't viable as tryhard supports when compared to Sona, Janna, and Soraka.

Taric and Alistar are OP against non-support teams, but their levels of OP is far, far, in a galaxy far, far away, lower than the only tryhard 3 supports.

NicoliTheCat

03-05-2012

I ban Soraka whenever I feel like playing AD bot in normal drafts. Armor buff, most annoying buff.