Alistar help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ramas Jonith

03-04-2012

ive been playing alistar a ton on dominion after i tried him out on a free week. so far i haven't lost with him on dominion. However i want to try to play him on SR and i was wondering what were some good builds and strategies for him for that?

My dominion strategy consists of mostly sitting under towers that are at risk and tossing enemies around while the tower does most of my damage. I know this is obviously not a valid SR strategy and i know he is great at initiating team fights.

However what should i be doing with him early game?
Should i build AP or straight tank items on him?
What spells should i be carrying instead of my usual garrison and surge?

please don't bother with runes considering my pages are already filled for two of my other champions i play more often.

FrozenFIames

03-04-2012

http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=9131

play like a support, get your ad rnage farm and protect them with ur CC, if opportunity present itself, get them kills.

take advantage of your mana regen and hp regen and try to herass the enemy safely, i like to just use headbutt(max it first) to deny CS instead of qw combo sometimes to converse a CC and mana.

U can take heal instead of CV if u don''t like it but flash is a must.

RusMolot

03-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenFIames View Post
http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=9131

play like a support, get your ad rnage farm and protect them with ur CC, if opportunity present itself, get them kills.

take advantage of your mana regen and hp regen and try to herass the enemy safely, i like to just use headbutt(max it first) to deny CS instead of qw combo sometimes to converse a CC and mana.

U can take heal instead of CV if u don''t like it but flash is a must.
What he said, dont try to play the AP or AD builds, they are garbage. In team fights save one of your CCs for a channeling ult that the enemy team might have. Example: headbutt their cait, worst case you take the hit instead of your squishy carry, best case she wasted her ult, and is out of position to damahe anyone but you - a tank.

Use your ulty before, or right after you initiate. Sometimes the enemy team will try to break off which means a couple free kills for your team.

Dont target tanks.

Run blocker for your squishies, if you see a melee going for your squishy, punt and stay between the two to stomp if he tries again.

Max heal, it is expensive, it is small heal, but you can sustain your whole teams health in a seige because of its ridiculously low CD