Why doesn't my smurf Account Exist?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ownsagarden

03-04-2012

So, one day I decided to go back to my smurf account. I looked it up and it's still there but I forgot the password to it. I click "forgot your password?" and it takes me to a box where i fill in the name to get an email. When i press submit it simply tells me the account doesn't exist. What gives? I'm on NA and I searched for the account on my main and it's still there, I also have never played on EU so that's not the case.

y2khippy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2012

For something like this i would suggest just sending a support ticket. Was the acount over lever 5? I as this because summoner names have been reclaimed for inactive acounts under 5. Is there a reason why you have a smurf acount?

Ownsagarden

03-04-2012

It's actually at 20 last time I checked, I mainly had it to pass some free time away from my main at lv 30, but I've been looking to lv it to 30 to get a second chance in ranked.

ZDwarfHammer

06-09-2012

This is currently happening to me as well. I sent them an email and they replied with this:

I'm very sorry to hear that you are unable to login, but you should know that this is not related to a suspension as your suspension ended on June 6th. This may be an issue relating to your computer's ability to accept the security certificates from our login server. Our Client relies on Internet Explorer for a great deal of information, regardless of your default Browser, so be sure to make all suggested changes in Internet Explorer. The following should help resolve this issue:

1) Make sure your windows clock is synced:
https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...-windows-clock

2) Make sure your Internet Explorer Options are properly configured (Updating to IE9 and running the Microsoft fixit file are the most common fixes from that guide):
http://support.leagueoflegends.com/e...roubleshooting

3) Turn off Certificates in IE, IE Options > Advanced > Restore Advanced Settings, IE Options > Advanced > Uncheck "Check for server certificate authentication"
If you have a more updated version of Internet Explorer you may have to uncheck these settings instead:
"Check for server certificate revocation"
"Check for publisher's certificate revocation"
"Warn about certificate address mismatch"

4) Disable Peer to Peer transfers from the Gear menu in the top right corner of the Patcher

5) Uninstall Pando Media Booster

6) Verify that Internet Explorer is not set to Offline Mode (You can check this through the File menu in IE)

I also went ahead and reset your password, and an email will be sent out to the associated email address.

If your issue still persists after all these steps, another process may be interfering with the smooth operation of League of Legends. Can you please take the time to provide me with a list of your running processes? We have a detailed guide explaining the process here:
http://support.leagueoflegends.com/e...a-process-list

"Like fish in a barrel." - Graves

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do,
Riot Beige

So yeah, see if this helps. I haven't tried it out yet. Good Luck

Phykos

06-09-2012

Riot has openly admitted to hating smurfing and you post on there forums about your smurf account? Good riddance, players like you don't really deserve to play. You realize you ruin the game for everyone doing **** like this right?